complete electrical power loss
By fredtboy on
2011 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 2500 170 WB Cargo 3dr Van w/HR (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)
After buying this vehicle new off the dealer lot. after only 6 days on the road I experianced a complete power loss to the vechicle. was 200 mi from home. roadside assistance took 4hrs to approve me for 100% $$ towing back to my dealeer in Reading PA. They had the vehicle all day and still could not find the source of the problem..If they can not find the source of the problem do they expect me to take back the vehicle and wonder when and where it will happen again!..I think not. Will update as soon as I find out ..
By quiet_magnum
on 07/23/11 13:13 PM (PDT)

I am sure most Sprinter owners would like to hear more about the above to find out what went wrong. Also would like to know how Edmunds "Performance - Reliability" ratings are so low on this one, when the previous year Sprinter is rated high by more than one owner. I own a 2008 Sprinter II. I waited several years before buying one and was worth the wait. With this Sprinter, I recently took a 3kmile trip in 100F weather (80% of the trip) throughout the Western US - no problems and incredible power, especially on I-70 thru CO. This winter it had no trouble starting @ -28F. It stays out all night, nothing is plugged into it for warming. All of my other gasoline cars, had trouble starting in that weather event, even while they were plugged in. This Sprinter has been our best vehicle ever and I believe it totally blows away all domestic and foreign vans available in this country. I have found that Sprinters, in general are an incredible value. I am looking forward to a 2011+ Sprinter - I have heard better fuel mileage and even more power than our Sprinter.