2010 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Consumer Review: Best Family Van Ever

2010 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter - Consumer Review

2500 144 WB Passenger Passenger Van (3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel 5-speed Automatic)

Best Family Van Ever
By Dave D on

2010 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 2500 144 WB Passenger 3dr Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

We purchased our standard height, 144 WB Sprinter to accomodate our family of 8. Let me just say this is an outstanding vehicle. We purchased it based on the SAFETY and comfort features that MB offers. Also, there is a good 2-3 feet behind the 3rd row, which provides ample space for stollers, and groceries, and suitcases without having to remove the 3rd row. Driving is very comfortable and my petite wife doesn't feel lost behind the wheel on the road. It feels like you are driving a car and you get no hint of the size of the van...until you go to park it. The 144WB is big without being too big and still fits in a parking space, although you take ever last inch of it. A great, great van.

I have an odd favorite feature that only a father of 6 could love: the brakes. I'm actually awed at how well this vehicle brakes. It is so smooth and controled and does not even hint at the fact that you are stopping the biggest passenger van on the road. Outstanding job MB! And, did I say 26MPG!

Since we use this as a family van, I would like to see a family package. This would include increased cupholders and storage compartments in/around the rear seating and a DVD system. You can't get a DVD factory installed and have to get it aftermarket.