2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Consumer Review: The best car ever made

2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (6.2L V8 7-speed Automated Manual)

The best car ever made
By autoenthus on

2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7AM)

I have owned many high performance cars over the years, including Porsche, AMG, Viper, etc... This is by far the best performing, most solid feeling sports car I have ever owned. I absolutely love this car. I think this car is likely to disappoint someone who expects a typical Mercedes or even a typical AMG. This car, in all of its V8 breathing glory, is much more harsh than the other Mercedes and AMGs I have owned. Think more of a Viper with manners, predictability, Mercedes plush interior, and computer nannies when needed. The nannies are never too intrusive in their role, but there when I am not concentrating as I should be. That said, this is the best car I have ever owned!

Where to start? The engine? The handling? The glorious dual clutch transmission that is lightning fast and smooth as silk? The terrific buttery leather interior with swaths of carbon fiber? The Bang & Olufsen sound system? The way it looks with the top down? What a car!

As I intimated before, this car is more harsh than other MB products. This is not a bad thing, just something that potential buyers should realize.