The best car ever made
By autoenthus on
2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 7AM)
I have owned many high performance cars over the years, including Porsche, AMG, Viper, etc... This is by far the best performing, most solid feeling sports car I have ever owned. I absolutely love this car. I think this car is likely to disappoint someone who expects a typical Mercedes or even a typical AMG. This car, in all of its V8 breathing glory, is much more harsh than the other Mercedes and AMGs I have owned. Think more of a Viper with manners, predictability, Mercedes plush interior, and computer nannies when needed. The nannies are never too intrusive in their role, but there when I am not concentrating as I should be. That said, this is the best car I have ever owned!
Favorite Features
Where to start? The engine? The handling? The glorious dual clutch transmission that is lightning fast and smooth as silk? The terrific buttery leather interior with swaths of carbon fiber? The Bang & Olufsen sound system? The way it looks with the top down? What a car!
Suggested Improvements
As I intimated before, this car is more harsh than other MB products. This is not a bad thing, just something that potential buyers should realize.