2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.4L V8 Supercharger 5-speed Automatic - (4 reviews )
Super supercar,Great track car!
By Bob on 08/08/05 10:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Brakes from 120-0 mph in less than 140 feet, phenomanal. Can top 200 mph, wonderful. 0-60 in 3.6, perfect. Comfy,great track car, beautiful, I love mine more than just about anything. Super stylish, totally hot!

A true work of art in machining
By Greekouzo on 07/15/05 17:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I am an avid exotic automobile collector and enthusiast. Out of all the Mercedes and Ferrari's I have ever owned, this is by far the most exhilarating experience. I would even put it ahead of my Ferrari 940. It is a very powerful yet nimble and handles like the tires are glued to the pavement. I would definitely recommend this to a serious car enthousiast if they are considering maybe for one of the Italian competitors.

Rides like heaven
By Brett on 05/14/05 14:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I'm very pleased with my investment, and I suggest others to test drive this model. It may seem like a waste of money, but if you are like me, you'd rather pay an extra amount of money to get something you can rely on. The average person spends this much in fixing their car for the lifetime of their car, which is, on average, 6 years. I've had my other Mercedes for about 6.5 years. I had to get it fixed once throughout that time due to a fender-bender. I plan on the same level of reliability on my new Mercedes.

Disapointed
By RichMan on 04/05/05 16:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

The 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR is hard to start and runs very rough. The front end shakes at about 60 miles per hour. I bought it for my wife but she will not drive it because it stalls all the time.