2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Review: Don't believe the Auto blogger

2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Review

SLK350 Convertible (3.5L V6 7-speed Automatic)

Don't believe the Auto bloggers, this car is great and NOT a "chick-car"!
By spyglass05 on

2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I've had my SLK 350 for about a week. i am very happy that i went with this car. i spent a very long time researching and test driving various 'sports cars', and my decision came down to the CTS, Boxster, and the SLK 350. I took an afternoon to test drive all three, and decided the boxster just had too harsh of a ride for a daily driver, and the CTS lacked the convertible top. I spent the weekend driving around some of winding roads of Los angeles (palos verdes, malibu, and mullholland drive). this car is a great balance between 'fun sports car' and daily commuter! its sublte & subdue when you want it, and ultra-fast & nimble when you want it. a GREAT BALANCE!

The 'balance' the car has between subdued daily driver, and raucous power to overtake just about anyone else on the road! The interior is super comfortable and the top operates quickly and smoothly. the premium package is a requirement, all of the various options for ingesting audio into this car is staggering!

The rear-end can use some more styling to match the awesomness of the front-end. The Mercedes 'm-brace' system is really showing its age...too many sub-menus. the voice-command is difficult to operate, and not intuitive...its not 'siri', not even close.