Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-benz Slk-class - Consumer Reviews

2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:

Great around town
By acslk

2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is a great car to drive! For around town driving, it has the right compromise between comfort and performance. It's soft enough so that it is comfortable on the bump and pot hole ridden streets around where I live. However, when on twisty roads in the country, it performs wonderfully at any speed you would drive on public roads. The 300 HP 3.5L V6 gives this car impressive straight line performance. It's definitely not a Porsche, but it's not supposed to be... The retractable hard top is wonderful considering the amount of rain we get. Build quality is excellent - no squeaks or rattles to speak of and no other problems / issues after 1 year of ownership.

Favorite Features

Retractable hard top, air scarf, and heated seats makes this a great all-season convertible. Powerful engine, comfortable ride, interior quality, styling.

Suggested Improvements

COMAND directional arrows and number pad hard to reach. Headlamp controls and a few COMAND buttons not fully backlit. For a $63k car, surprised that Keyless Go is unavailable. Fuel economy is poor in stop-and-go traffic.

More logic than a Porsche
By Luc Hamel

2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought this car because 1- The retractable hard top (I hate soft tops) 2- Better comfort on the very bad roads of Province of Quebec. Road handling is not as good as a Boxter but the SLK is faster than the standard Boster and not so far behind a Boxter S. I would have had to buy the Cayman S but it's $20,000 more than the SLK350 and it's not convertible. I can hardly wait to get the new 2012 SLK 63.

Favorite Features

Can be used in summer and winter time, global apparence and comfort

Suggested Improvements

Not masculine enough.

Better But Not Best
By mark benham

2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The obvious pluses concerning this vehicle is the style, image, and the retracting hard top. The selling feature for me was the hard top convertible. This year's model has some minor improvements, the engine and its improved horse power and 0-60 speed put it in the running with the entry level Porsche. Unfortunately, I've driven both and the Porsche is still the better of the two. My 350 SLK is sexy in a girly kind of way. The Porsche is way more sport car than Mercedes is capable of building. I regret that I didn't spend more to get the car of my dreams. My wife's vote (and veto of the Porsche) cinched the deal and the SLK won the deal.

Favorite Features

Convertible hard top. Communications systems in the vehicle

Suggested Improvements

The seats are too small for a comfortable long distance drive.