Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-benz Slk-class - Consumer Reviews

2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:

Good Choice
By Happy

2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK300 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased the slk 300 in silver with chrome wheels with a lot of extras. I was ready to buy the bmw z 35i but changed my mind. The bmw is a nice car without a doubt as i just returned my 335i and can't complain about performance as it zoomed. But surprise surprise the slk 300 is just breaking in and it flys too. I was surprised when i hit it on the xway the other day i almost lost it. I live in Southern California so traffic is heavy and my 300 holds its own.

Favorite Features

Convertible top works perfectly, the heated seats and wind scarf are a must, the chrome wheels make the car.

Suggested Improvements

Radio looks cheep for a $50,000 plus car,,, come on.

Z4 v SLK
By BMW JUNKIE

2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK300 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just returned my 2007 BMW 335i which is every car reviewers baby. I bought the SLK 300 love it and would do it again. I was really thinking about buying the new BNMW Z4 35I with that twin turbo 300 HP like my 2007 335i BUT I could not justify the price difference of some $260 more a month to my wife and BMW would not deal with me despite my steller credit. I am not lead footed and don't street race so the difference in 1.1 sec from zero to 60 really doesn't matter. I would have bought the 350 but again it was the price difference. It is brand new with only a few miles on the car but I drove it enough to see what it has and I am happy with my choice. Good Choice in a Sports Car !!!

Favorite Features

Love Mercedes Quality interior is outstanding including its form fitted seats and quality appointments.

Suggested Improvements

I really don't have any ideas for that right now.

100% Owner Satisfaction
By veemax

2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK300 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

SLK 300 6M. Without doubt, I thoroughly enjoy owning this vehicle. The pleasure begins with looking at it in the driveway. The stability and cornering are remarkable. The engine power is a little tame in the 300, but I had to get this car with the manual transmission. A surprising power band between 4-6k rpm makes the twisty roads a blast. The retractable hard roof is effortless and sometimes I will put the roof down just to drive a few blocks.

Favorite Features

The quality of the interior and creature comforts are exceptional. Get the manual transmission, u won't regret it(city friendly clutch).

Suggested Improvements

The seats should recline more. I have trouble finding a comfortable driving position during long drives. Fuel economy lags my expectation. Of course maybe I drive it a little hard, yeahhhh!

2009 SLK 300
By Dean

2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK300 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Mercedes Benz really got this one right! I got the 1st one from the dealership! it looks so much like the SLR Mclaren in the front as well as the back with the trapezoid exhaust and diffusers. The bluetooth works fantastic. Redesigned steering wheel and gauges set this apart from the 2008 models. Color is Mars red with beige leather. The key fob remote transforms the solid coupe into a Roadster in no time! Traded in a 2006 Mazda Miata which is a terrific Roadster but does not compare in terms of Luxury and feel of this! Would highly recommend this if you are looking for the best of both worlds!

Favorite Features

Hardtop, bluetooth, ride quality, steering feel, quality and looks!

Suggested Improvements

None