Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:

Great around town
By acslk

2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is a great car to drive! For around town driving, it has the right compromise between comfort and performance. It's soft enough so that it is comfortable on the bump and pot hole ridden streets around where I live. However, when on twisty roads in the country, it performs wonderfully at any speed you would drive on public roads. The 300 HP 3.5L V6 gives this car impressive straight line performance. It's definitely not a Porsche, but it's not supposed to be... The retractable hard top is wonderful considering the amount of rain we get. Build quality is excellent - no squeaks or rattles to speak of and no other problems / issues after 1 year of ownership.

Retractable hard top, air scarf, and heated seats makes this a great all-season convertible. Powerful engine, comfortable ride, interior quality, styling.

COMAND directional arrows and number pad hard to reach. Headlamp controls and a few COMAND buttons not fully backlit. For a $63k car, surprised that Keyless Go is unavailable. Fuel economy is poor in stop-and-go traffic.

Good Choice
By Happy

2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK300 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased the slk 300 in silver with chrome wheels with a lot of extras. I was ready to buy the bmw z 35i but changed my mind. The bmw is a nice car without a doubt as i just returned my 335i and can't complain about performance as it zoomed. But surprise surprise the slk 300 is just breaking in and it flys too. I was surprised when i hit it on the xway the other day i almost lost it. I live in Southern California so traffic is heavy and my 300 holds its own.

Convertible top works perfectly, the heated seats and wind scarf are a must, the chrome wheels make the car.

Radio looks cheep for a $50,000 plus car,,, come on.

Z4 v SLK
By BMW JUNKIE

2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK300 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just returned my 2007 BMW 335i which is every car reviewers baby. I bought the SLK 300 love it and would do it again. I was really thinking about buying the new BNMW Z4 35I with that twin turbo 300 HP like my 2007 335i BUT I could not justify the price difference of some $260 more a month to my wife and BMW would not deal with me despite my steller credit. I am not lead footed and don't street race so the difference in 1.1 sec from zero to 60 really doesn't matter. I would have bought the 350 but again it was the price difference. It is brand new with only a few miles on the car but I drove it enough to see what it has and I am happy with my choice. Good Choice in a Sports Car !!!

Love Mercedes Quality interior is outstanding including its form fitted seats and quality appointments.

I really don't have any ideas for that right now.

100% Owner Satisfaction
By veemax

2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK300 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

SLK 300 6M. Without doubt, I thoroughly enjoy owning this vehicle. The pleasure begins with looking at it in the driveway. The stability and cornering are remarkable. The engine power is a little tame in the 300, but I had to get this car with the manual transmission. A surprising power band between 4-6k rpm makes the twisty roads a blast. The retractable hard roof is effortless and sometimes I will put the roof down just to drive a few blocks.

The quality of the interior and creature comforts are exceptional. Get the manual transmission, u won't regret it(city friendly clutch).

The seats should recline more. I have trouble finding a comfortable driving position during long drives. Fuel economy lags my expectation. Of course maybe I drive it a little hard, yeahhhh!

More logic than a Porsche
By Luc Hamel

2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought this car because 1- The retractable hard top (I hate soft tops) 2- Better comfort on the very bad roads of Province of Quebec. Road handling is not as good as a Boxter but the SLK is faster than the standard Boster and not so far behind a Boxter S. I would have had to buy the Cayman S but it's $20,000 more than the SLK350 and it's not convertible. I can hardly wait to get the new 2012 SLK 63.

Can be used in summer and winter time, global apparence and comfort

Not masculine enough.