2008 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Review: What's not to like?

2008 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Review

What's not to like?
By Anonymous on

2008 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I purchased the car because I was tired of looking for "safe" parking for my Porsche Boxster. The hard-top convertible gives me peace-of-mind so I can park on-street. For the first few weeks, I really missed the Porsche. But now I wouldn't go back. After adjusting to the different ride characteristics, I feel it handles as well as the Boxster and is far superior for longer drives. The AMG sport package is a must if you want a sports car experience. I've owned MG's, Triumphs, 240Z, 260Z, Porsche 911 Carrerra, Porsche 944 and Porsche Boxster (yes, I'm now an old guy.) This car is as much fun as any of my past cars, and as fast as anything I've driven.

Hard-top convertible and paddle shifters. It also has a neck-heater for driving on cool evenings. The seats are extremely comfortable for a larger person.

Wider trunk. I figured out how to get my golf clubs in, but not easily. I wish I had gotten the SLK55 for the upgraded seats. The seats are heated/electric and very comfortable, but the SLK55 are a whole different experience.