2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Review: My dream car

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Review

SLK350 Convertible (3.5L V6 6-speed Manual)

My dream car
By Steve B. on

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have dreamed about owning an SLK since the first time I saw one. I have not been disappointed. The car drives very well. It is glued to the road but the ride is not harsh at all. My car is the 350 6 cylinder which supplies plenty of power but still gets pretty good gas mileage. The brakes are awesome. The top mechanism performs flawlessly. The fit and finish were first rate. The only problem that have had was that the display for the radio/cd player stopped working. The dealer fixed the problem during the routine 1000-3000 mile checkup.

The retractable hard top is by far my favorite feature. I always wanted a convertible but I just couldn't see a soft top for several reasons - too easy to break into and not a good enough weather seal from the hot Texas sun in the summer time. The hard top has no such disadvantages.

I think some sort of wind screen to go between the roll bars should be a standard feature. Of course, you can get one for a mere $600. I think it would make a near-perfect car into a perfect car.