2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Review: Great Change

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Review

Great Change
By peter sainz on

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

A couple of months ago I purchased an SLK280. I traded in my old 2002 SLK32. I love my old car but I like the new body style and the new changes in the 2005 models. The car runs and handles great, there is a loss in power between the 2 cars about 120 horses but the new 7 speed trans. makes for some of the loss and is more fun to drive, the interior seen bigger with more legg room. Everything in the car is great, no problems up to now, the sound system with the satellite option is worth it. There is a safety problem. The hatch to open the engine compartment is located next to your left foot, A couple times getting in and out from the car I opened by mistake with my foot.

There is an improvement that is needed. the seatbell doesn't fall flat on top of the seat and sometimes is stuck between the door and the seat, hard to move and maybe will put a hole in the inside part of the door.