2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
AMG Sport Package
By jiehong on 01/13/07 18:02 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

So I test drove both base model 280 and 350, and 350 with AMG sports pkg. The $4,000 option is well worth it for the looks and the improved handling of the car. It makes the SLK go from a luxury touring convertible to a real hard core sports car. Cornering ability with the lowered and stiffer suspension makes this a true competitor to Porsche Boxter/S. This car wins on styling, I get envious looks from not only Boxster owner, but 911 owners as well, I suppose a fully loaded SLK is pretty close to the price range of the 911. But you get the fun hardtop convertible.

By senior on 01/13/07 05:12 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

One deficiency is inability to add or replace the single CD with a CD changer although it is listed as an available option for about $400. Regrettably I did not learn of this until I had driven about 300 miles. To change from SLK 280 to SLK 350, which had one, dealer wanted $10,000, instead of the $4,000 difference of MLP of $4,000, for models, since my SLK 280 was a used car. Beware and be careful.

Should be sent to the scrap pile
By martin on 01/02/07 17:08 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The car is obviously poorly engineered. I can only say that this is the worst underperforming car you could waste money on. Save your cash and buy a real exotic 'cause this ain't it. 36K and the transmission had to be replaced. The engine knocks like an AMC Pacer on unleaded gas. Burns oil like the forgot to install the rings. I will never own another MB after this beast is put to pasture. Oh, MB has denied that they are replacing 350 engines like there is no tomorrow. So much for Dr. Z and his nonsense. He should make the remaining payments. The car is listed at 268 HP; no way it develops 268, more like 200, maybe. My Z4 could blow the paint of this beer can.

SLK350 Hugs the Road and is Fast!
By easygreen on 09/14/06 10:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The car is fast and hugs the road. I drove for 2000 miles in Europe during my European Delivery. On the hundreds of hairpin turns in the Dolomites, I couldn't even get the Stability Control to kick in, much less have the car break loose from the road. Other than the paint having some OrangePeel ( I notice that, no one else seems to ), I don't have any quality issues to complain about. Everything works as it should.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.