2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
Love at first drive
By northern mich. slk on 06/02/07 06:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My only regret is that we didn't buy one last year. Having been lucky enough to drive sports cars of up to 4 or 5 times the price I can say it holds its own. My main complaint is that the little indent on the center console isn't quite big enough to comfortably hold a pair of sunglasses.

Great Change
By peter sainz on 05/09/07 08:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

A couple of months ago I purchased an SLK280. I traded in my old 2002 SLK32. I love my old car but I like the new body style and the new changes in the 2005 models. The car runs and handles great, there is a loss in power between the 2 cars about 120 horses but the new 7 speed trans. makes for some of the loss and is more fun to drive, the interior seen bigger with more legg room. Everything in the car is great, no problems up to now, the sound system with the satellite option is worth it. There is a safety problem. The hatch to open the engine compartment is located next to your left foot, A couple times getting in and out from the car I opened by mistake with my foot.

Pleasantly surprised
By abc gibson on 04/20/07 20:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had no intention of buying this car initially, even during my test drive. But after a few weeks of ownership, we love this car. When compared to Porsche Boxter, SLK is more refined and I simply love the styling and we get so many compliments. The sporty red seats and its contrast to silver body is really stunning. For the money, you get a sporty refined ride, build quality is excellent- especially the hardtop-you can open hardtop with the remote key. Handling isn't great at first, but that's mostly due to stiff steering wheel at first, but it has loosened up. Now the handling is great and acceleration is surprisingly quick. I love the low grunt of exhaust sound. It's really sporty

Balance of Comfort and Performance
By Buzzy on 04/06/07 11:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I drive this car 80mi a day in commuting to work on a mix of highway and back roads. It is the perfect balance between comfort and performance. It is a total joy to drive. I live in New England so threw on a set of snows, and even though it is rear wheel drive, with the traction control it handles quite well in the snow. I have put 10,000 mi. on it in 7 months and it has been flawless and I am a detail fanatic. People are always complimenting me on the looks. Just for the fun of it I may consider moving up to the 350 or AMG when I come off this lease.

Horrible quality - always being repaired
By mydavis on 02/05/07 15:29 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I purchases a new SLK 350 and started having problems with it within the first 3000 miles. The oil sensor was faulty and then after being in the shop 8 days I got the car back and the sensor receiver went bad. then electronics module went bad twice, crank shaft sensor went bad, Car stopped because of electrical bug and had to be towed. Steering wheel spring sensor went bad. Navigation system had to be replaced. Don't buy this car as the reliability is horrible. This car is constantly in for service.

Sport and Luxury!
By Jane on 01/25/07 11:56 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Love this car! I commute 150 miles daily so fun and comfort is key. I wanted a sports car but with a smooth ride, manual transmission AND a luxurious interior. That combo is hard to find. But it's all in this car and more. It's very quick but has a creamy ride (makes my old Z4 feel like a tin can)and the shifting is very smooth. The airscarf is awesome. The HK stereo incredible. Love the nav, but I wonder if the DVD is outdated, it doesn't list some very popular restaurants in our area? The car (mine's black) is stunning with the top down. All this and I feel very safe in it too.

Awesome
By so awesome on 01/22/07 10:17 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I loved it the day I got it and still do today. The SLK is a slick car that handles excellent and is so much fun to drive. It is small inside and there isn't much room for anything but the bare essentials, but the trunk space is marginally larger than in the past. Lots of fun, everyone checks it out and if you're in a hurry you can put your foot into it and the car will fly. The traction control is very responsive and impressive, but the front end does not stick to the road when cornering at very high speeds.

I love this car!
By sandman on 01/17/07 10:36 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought it in August and it already has 6000 miles. 4500 miles are highway, and I can tell you this baby is a rocket on the road, especially if add the AMG package. No problems so far! I would totally buy this car again.

AMG Sport Package
By jiehong on 01/13/07 18:02 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

So I test drove both base model 280 and 350, and 350 with AMG sports pkg. The $4,000 option is well worth it for the looks and the improved handling of the car. It makes the SLK go from a luxury touring convertible to a real hard core sports car. Cornering ability with the lowered and stiffer suspension makes this a true competitor to Porsche Boxter/S. This car wins on styling, I get envious looks from not only Boxster owner, but 911 owners as well, I suppose a fully loaded SLK is pretty close to the price range of the 911. But you get the fun hardtop convertible.

By senior on 01/13/07 05:12 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

One deficiency is inability to add or replace the single CD with a CD changer although it is listed as an available option for about $400. Regrettably I did not learn of this until I had driven about 300 miles. To change from SLK 280 to SLK 350, which had one, dealer wanted $10,000, instead of the $4,000 difference of MLP of $4,000, for models, since my SLK 280 was a used car. Beware and be careful.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.