Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:

MB surprise
By Dean Weinhardt

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Always wanted an MB and I am very happy so far that I bought this beauty. In fact when it went in for the 1000-3000 mile courtesy inspection,they left me a E-350 to drive for the day. It is actually not as comfortable as the SLK which wraps around you like a comforter. Even though I'm over 65 with a questionable back, this offers me more back support than the E-350. It's a head turner especially while wearing sun glasses so you can see the heads turn,but they can't see you. It's fast, very stable,fun to drive and engineered with almost nothing to add. The steering and brakes are very responsive. Handling around sharp curves is actually fun. It hugs the road without rear end slide. Love it.

I especially like the air scarf from a practical standpoint; but it just looks sweet all wrapped up in a beautiful paint job. People driving Audis and Corvettes love to watch the retractable hardtop dissapear with envy.

Just to be finnicky, the only thing I would change is the plug-in for the lignter does not recharge a cell phone when the engine is off.

My dream car
By Steve B.

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have dreamed about owning an SLK since the first time I saw one. I have not been disappointed. The car drives very well. It is glued to the road but the ride is not harsh at all. My car is the 350 6 cylinder which supplies plenty of power but still gets pretty good gas mileage. The brakes are awesome. The top mechanism performs flawlessly. The fit and finish were first rate. The only problem that have had was that the display for the radio/cd player stopped working. The dealer fixed the problem during the routine 1000-3000 mile checkup.

The retractable hard top is by far my favorite feature. I always wanted a convertible but I just couldn't see a soft top for several reasons - too easy to break into and not a good enough weather seal from the hot Texas sun in the summer time. The hard top has no such disadvantages.

I think some sort of wind screen to go between the roll bars should be a standard feature. Of course, you can get one for a mere $600. I think it would make a near-perfect car into a perfect car.

Horrible quality - always being repaired
By mydavis

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I purchases a new SLK 350 and started having problems with it within the first 3000 miles. The oil sensor was faulty and then after being in the shop 8 days I got the car back and the sensor receiver went bad. then electronics module went bad twice, crank shaft sensor went bad, Car stopped because of electrical bug and had to be towed. Steering wheel spring sensor went bad. Navigation system had to be replaced. Don't buy this car as the reliability is horrible. This car is constantly in for service.

Fun car when it works.

Sport and Luxury!
By Jane

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Love this car! I commute 150 miles daily so fun and comfort is key. I wanted a sports car but with a smooth ride, manual transmission AND a luxurious interior. That combo is hard to find. But it's all in this car and more. It's very quick but has a creamy ride (makes my old Z4 feel like a tin can)and the shifting is very smooth. The airscarf is awesome. The HK stereo incredible. Love the nav, but I wonder if the DVD is outdated, it doesn't list some very popular restaurants in our area? The car (mine's black) is stunning with the top down. All this and I feel very safe in it too.

Airscarf, woodtrim, nav, HK stereo, smooth ride but great performance and handling. Oh and awesome looking!

How about a heated steering wheel? That's only available in Canada. Find a better place for the cupholders and CD changer.

Awesome
By so awesome

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I loved it the day I got it and still do today. The SLK is a slick car that handles excellent and is so much fun to drive. It is small inside and there isn't much room for anything but the bare essentials, but the trunk space is marginally larger than in the past. Lots of fun, everyone checks it out and if you're in a hurry you can put your foot into it and the car will fly. The traction control is very responsive and impressive, but the front end does not stick to the road when cornering at very high speeds.