2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
Missed the mark
By CDR on 03/12/10 10:56 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

While the SLK 280 is a fun convertible to drive, Mercedes missed the mark on a number of fine points. With top down, wind noise negates any conversation or music listening. The cup holders are poorly made and located in a position that blocks your view to the right. The weight (lack of) of the car makes it very dangerous to drive in the rain. It floats and hydroplanes in puddles. Storage is extremely limited and the glove box is filled completely with the cd-changer. Each oil change is over $300 (no options for less) and all they do is "inspect" the car and change the oil! The retractable roof worked perfectly every time and the neck scarf heater is the best feature of the car.

Love it, Love it!
By Fgovers on 01/08/10 11:36 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Delighted with my Mercedes SLK 280, in Mars Red. I fell in love first with the styling, then with the drive. My favorite part is the air scarf and heated seats, that let you drive with the top down in cool weather (which in Texas is just about year round). The hardtop is leaps above having a rag top and works very well (and impresses anyone who sees it). I actually like the factory nav system, and it has worked well for me. I find the car very comfortable on road trips, and got about 32mpg on the highway with premium gas. My car has the DVD-based sound system - 4 GB of MP3's is a lot.

Blast to Drive
By benzbythebay on 12/27/08 22:07 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I got tired of all the idiot lights coming on my BMW and bought one of these. I have had it 1 1/2 years and not a problem anywhere/anytime. Great acceleration and moves when you want it to in SF traffic. Car always gets looks and build/quality is excellent. You wont find cheap plastic or trim falling apart in this car. Also what I like best is the seat belt dosent rub no the leather (wear it out) BMW has this problem. Great handling car and 280 is enough power.

Fun car to drive
By Rob on 09/27/08 06:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was looking for a fun convertible car to drive, more interested in a good ride, but also some ponys under the hood to get 'er going. I found nirvana in the SLK! I test drove several others - Z4's, Boxsters but didn't like the ragtops.

Best Benz I've Ever Owned
By J. Marc Mushkin on 06/23/08 13:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 5th Mercedes, dating back to 1987. It's my first roadster, after enduring a 2003 CLK (awful) and a 2005 CLK (vastly improved). Fortunately, this car is wonderful. The finish, the interior trim level, the seats, the workings of the convertible hard-top, the little touches like "air-scarf" and the other details all combine to make this car a joy to drive and a pleasure to own. It's, by far, the best built Benz I've owned since, probably, the S class I had back in '89. After a year and 10,000 miles so far so good with the exception of the navigation system (see below)!

Too many +'s not to buy over Boxster
By Larry on 09/14/07 11:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in an 06 Audi A-4 Convert, 1.8T. I hated the turbo and paying prem fuel for 170 hp. My previous car was a '99 Boxster and I loved it, but it became a maint nightmare ($3200in 4 mons.) I was on verge of buying a new Boxster and decided to test-drive the SK (I had already driven Z-4, 350zx, S2000, TT, etc). I got a great deal ($6k off msrp) on SLK & 100% sure of decision. Boxster has great style but doesnt't have 7 spd automatic, hardtop convert, heated 'scarf', etc.

Don't buy one!
By Don't do it! on 08/18/07 14:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is smoke and mirrors. It's slow, uncomfortable, gets poor gas mileage and is over priced. Paid 45K for a auto and have to tolerate 17 dummy phone switches because the car does not have bluetooth? Honestly, research BMW, Saab, Audi before buying this make. I'd return the car tomorrow if I could. Everyday I walk to this vehicle and wonder why I paid so much for a car with so little? Mercedes Benz must be making about 20 grand profit on each of these "very, very average" cars.

Love it !
By 50 something on 07/26/07 17:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Went to the dealership with intentions of buying another SUV. Drove the SLK280 and fell in love instantly. We like everything about it. 0 to 60 very quickly. Handles very well. Car travels very well and is quite comfortable. Gets over 28 MPG. The warm air scarf on a cool evening ride is great.Be sure to use the wind skirt with the top down and your hair will look like you just combed it, even after a long ride. Good sound system for tunes. Top goes up/down easy and fast. Because the car is so much fun to drive we wanted to take it on our trips to the beach but there is not very much cargo space, so we have decided to UPS our luggage.

Love at first drive
By northern mich. slk on 06/02/07 06:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My only regret is that we didn't buy one last year. Having been lucky enough to drive sports cars of up to 4 or 5 times the price I can say it holds its own. My main complaint is that the little indent on the center console isn't quite big enough to comfortably hold a pair of sunglasses.

Great Change
By peter sainz on 05/09/07 08:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

A couple of months ago I purchased an SLK280. I traded in my old 2002 SLK32. I love my old car but I like the new body style and the new changes in the 2005 models. The car runs and handles great, there is a loss in power between the 2 cars about 120 horses but the new 7 speed trans. makes for some of the loss and is more fun to drive, the interior seen bigger with more legg room. Everything in the car is great, no problems up to now, the sound system with the satellite option is worth it. There is a safety problem. The hatch to open the engine compartment is located next to your left foot, A couple times getting in and out from the car I opened by mistake with my foot.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.