2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
MB surprise
By Dean Weinhardt on 10/03/07 10:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Always wanted an MB and I am very happy so far that I bought this beauty. In fact when it went in for the 1000-3000 mile courtesy inspection,they left me a E-350 to drive for the day. It is actually not as comfortable as the SLK which wraps around you like a comforter. Even though I'm over 65 with a questionable back, this offers me more back support than the E-350. It's a head turner especially while wearing sun glasses so you can see the heads turn,but they can't see you. It's fast, very stable,fun to drive and engineered with almost nothing to add. The steering and brakes are very responsive. Handling around sharp curves is actually fun. It hugs the road without rear end slide. Love it.

My dream car
By Steve B. on 08/31/07 11:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have dreamed about owning an SLK since the first time I saw one. I have not been disappointed. The car drives very well. It is glued to the road but the ride is not harsh at all. My car is the 350 6 cylinder which supplies plenty of power but still gets pretty good gas mileage. The brakes are awesome. The top mechanism performs flawlessly. The fit and finish were first rate. The only problem that have had was that the display for the radio/cd player stopped working. The dealer fixed the problem during the routine 1000-3000 mile checkup.

Horrible quality - always being repaired
By mydavis on 02/05/07 15:29 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I purchases a new SLK 350 and started having problems with it within the first 3000 miles. The oil sensor was faulty and then after being in the shop 8 days I got the car back and the sensor receiver went bad. then electronics module went bad twice, crank shaft sensor went bad, Car stopped because of electrical bug and had to be towed. Steering wheel spring sensor went bad. Navigation system had to be replaced. Don't buy this car as the reliability is horrible. This car is constantly in for service.

Sport and Luxury!
By Jane on 01/25/07 11:56 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Love this car! I commute 150 miles daily so fun and comfort is key. I wanted a sports car but with a smooth ride, manual transmission AND a luxurious interior. That combo is hard to find. But it's all in this car and more. It's very quick but has a creamy ride (makes my old Z4 feel like a tin can)and the shifting is very smooth. The airscarf is awesome. The HK stereo incredible. Love the nav, but I wonder if the DVD is outdated, it doesn't list some very popular restaurants in our area? The car (mine's black) is stunning with the top down. All this and I feel very safe in it too.

Awesome
By so awesome on 01/22/07 10:17 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I loved it the day I got it and still do today. The SLK is a slick car that handles excellent and is so much fun to drive. It is small inside and there isn't much room for anything but the bare essentials, but the trunk space is marginally larger than in the past. Lots of fun, everyone checks it out and if you're in a hurry you can put your foot into it and the car will fly. The traction control is very responsive and impressive, but the front end does not stick to the road when cornering at very high speeds.

I love this car!
By sandman on 01/17/07 10:36 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought it in August and it already has 6000 miles. 4500 miles are highway, and I can tell you this baby is a rocket on the road, especially if add the AMG package. No problems so far! I would totally buy this car again.

AMG Sport Package
By jiehong on 01/13/07 18:02 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

So I test drove both base model 280 and 350, and 350 with AMG sports pkg. The $4,000 option is well worth it for the looks and the improved handling of the car. It makes the SLK go from a luxury touring convertible to a real hard core sports car. Cornering ability with the lowered and stiffer suspension makes this a true competitor to Porsche Boxter/S. This car wins on styling, I get envious looks from not only Boxster owner, but 911 owners as well, I suppose a fully loaded SLK is pretty close to the price range of the 911. But you get the fun hardtop convertible.

Should be sent to the scrap pile
By martin on 01/02/07 17:08 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The car is obviously poorly engineered. I can only say that this is the worst underperforming car you could waste money on. Save your cash and buy a real exotic 'cause this ain't it. 36K and the transmission had to be replaced. The engine knocks like an AMC Pacer on unleaded gas. Burns oil like the forgot to install the rings. I will never own another MB after this beast is put to pasture. Oh, MB has denied that they are replacing 350 engines like there is no tomorrow. So much for Dr. Z and his nonsense. He should make the remaining payments. The car is listed at 268 HP; no way it develops 268, more like 200, maybe. My Z4 could blow the paint of this beer can.

SLK350 Hugs the Road and is Fast!
By easygreen on 09/14/06 10:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The car is fast and hugs the road. I drove for 2000 miles in Europe during my European Delivery. On the hundreds of hairpin turns in the Dolomites, I couldn't even get the Stability Control to kick in, much less have the car break loose from the road. Other than the paint having some OrangePeel ( I notice that, no one else seems to ), I don't have any quality issues to complain about. Everything works as it should.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.