2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
Missed the mark
By CDR on 03/12/10 10:56 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

While the SLK 280 is a fun convertible to drive, Mercedes missed the mark on a number of fine points. With top down, wind noise negates any conversation or music listening. The cup holders are poorly made and located in a position that blocks your view to the right. The weight (lack of) of the car makes it very dangerous to drive in the rain. It floats and hydroplanes in puddles. Storage is extremely limited and the glove box is filled completely with the cd-changer. Each oil change is over $300 (no options for less) and all they do is "inspect" the car and change the oil! The retractable roof worked perfectly every time and the neck scarf heater is the best feature of the car.

Love it, Love it!
By Fgovers on 01/08/10 11:36 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Delighted with my Mercedes SLK 280, in Mars Red. I fell in love first with the styling, then with the drive. My favorite part is the air scarf and heated seats, that let you drive with the top down in cool weather (which in Texas is just about year round). The hardtop is leaps above having a rag top and works very well (and impresses anyone who sees it). I actually like the factory nav system, and it has worked well for me. I find the car very comfortable on road trips, and got about 32mpg on the highway with premium gas. My car has the DVD-based sound system - 4 GB of MP3's is a lot.

Blast to Drive
By benzbythebay on 12/27/08 22:07 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I got tired of all the idiot lights coming on my BMW and bought one of these. I have had it 1 1/2 years and not a problem anywhere/anytime. Great acceleration and moves when you want it to in SF traffic. Car always gets looks and build/quality is excellent. You wont find cheap plastic or trim falling apart in this car. Also what I like best is the seat belt dosent rub no the leather (wear it out) BMW has this problem. Great handling car and 280 is enough power.

Fun car to drive
By Rob on 09/27/08 06:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was looking for a fun convertible car to drive, more interested in a good ride, but also some ponys under the hood to get 'er going. I found nirvana in the SLK! I test drove several others - Z4's, Boxsters but didn't like the ragtops.

Best Benz I've Ever Owned
By J. Marc Mushkin on 06/23/08 13:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 5th Mercedes, dating back to 1987. It's my first roadster, after enduring a 2003 CLK (awful) and a 2005 CLK (vastly improved). Fortunately, this car is wonderful. The finish, the interior trim level, the seats, the workings of the convertible hard-top, the little touches like "air-scarf" and the other details all combine to make this car a joy to drive and a pleasure to own. It's, by far, the best built Benz I've owned since, probably, the S class I had back in '89. After a year and 10,000 miles so far so good with the exception of the navigation system (see below)!

Superb Automobile
By MCPOUSNRET on 11/10/07 09:05 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

I did the research on the sports cars. I test drove this car and loved it. Superior in many ways to competition. A bargain for the horsepower and design. This car turns heads. I love it.

MB surprise
By Dean Weinhardt on 10/03/07 10:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Always wanted an MB and I am very happy so far that I bought this beauty. In fact when it went in for the 1000-3000 mile courtesy inspection,they left me a E-350 to drive for the day. It is actually not as comfortable as the SLK which wraps around you like a comforter. Even though I'm over 65 with a questionable back, this offers me more back support than the E-350. It's a head turner especially while wearing sun glasses so you can see the heads turn,but they can't see you. It's fast, very stable,fun to drive and engineered with almost nothing to add. The steering and brakes are very responsive. Handling around sharp curves is actually fun. It hugs the road without rear end slide. Love it.

Too many +'s not to buy over Boxster
By Larry on 09/14/07 11:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in an 06 Audi A-4 Convert, 1.8T. I hated the turbo and paying prem fuel for 170 hp. My previous car was a '99 Boxster and I loved it, but it became a maint nightmare ($3200in 4 mons.) I was on verge of buying a new Boxster and decided to test-drive the SK (I had already driven Z-4, 350zx, S2000, TT, etc). I got a great deal ($6k off msrp) on SLK & 100% sure of decision. Boxster has great style but doesnt't have 7 spd automatic, hardtop convert, heated 'scarf', etc.

My dream car
By Steve B. on 08/31/07 11:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have dreamed about owning an SLK since the first time I saw one. I have not been disappointed. The car drives very well. It is glued to the road but the ride is not harsh at all. My car is the 350 6 cylinder which supplies plenty of power but still gets pretty good gas mileage. The brakes are awesome. The top mechanism performs flawlessly. The fit and finish were first rate. The only problem that have had was that the display for the radio/cd player stopped working. The dealer fixed the problem during the routine 1000-3000 mile checkup.

Don't buy one!
By Don't do it! on 08/18/07 14:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is smoke and mirrors. It's slow, uncomfortable, gets poor gas mileage and is over priced. Paid 45K for a auto and have to tolerate 17 dummy phone switches because the car does not have bluetooth? Honestly, research BMW, Saab, Audi before buying this make. I'd return the car tomorrow if I could. Everyday I walk to this vehicle and wonder why I paid so much for a car with so little? Mercedes Benz must be making about 20 grand profit on each of these "very, very average" cars.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.