2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Review: Perfect Commuter

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Review

Perfect Commuter
By RAFE in Denver on

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I spend over an hour each way commuting five times a week. My SLK350 is perfectly suited to handle bumper to bumper, open highway, and pleasure cruising. Top down, windows up it's nearly as quiet as top up. This car also saved me from a near collision with two deer late one night with strong night vision and panic-sure maneuverability at 65+ mph. The cockpit layout is very ergonomic and the controls easy to use without taking eyes from the road. I have liked many previous cars, but the SLK350 is my first-time love affair.

I thought the air-scarf sounded gimmicky until I realized how great it was for night time, top down driving. The hard-top makes this a 3+ season car. The tight turning radius, amazing agility and the slammin' brakes are as impressive as the safety features I hope never to see.

The slide out cup holder blocks the dash air vents. The two compartment center storage flap jams when you lean against it. The remote roof opener only works from immediate range.