2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Review: Fantastic fun top up or down

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Review

Fantastic fun top up or down
By Harry on

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I ordered my car to obtain the options I wanted especially a manual trans. I also got the AMG kit and sports suspension. The car is a true sports car in this configuration and handles exceedingly well. The interior is thoughtfully laid out and well appointed. The manual is new for the redesigned SLK and has solid and short throws. Ultimately though the car was purchased for its fantastic hardtop convertible feature. With the top up it is very quiet but 22 seconds later you are enjoying a great convertible. If you keep the windows raised and use the wind blocker you can drive comfortably down into the 40 degree range. I did get the airscarf and it in NOT a gimmick. It is a must have.

Airscarf, convertible hardtop, Sirius radio built-in, heated seats and the AMG body kit and suspension

It is a shame that the car doesn't have Bluetooth capability. I really miss that. I would also like a parktronic feature since the bumpers are lower than most curbs.