2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Review: The Ultimate Performance

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG - Consumer Review

The Ultimate Performance
By scottinsedona on

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

I have had multiple BMWs and an Audi, but nothing performs like this car. The acceleration (and exhaust sound) and handling is awesome. If you can hang on, no corner is too fast. I put Michelin PS2s on and the handling (and red smoothness) is even better. I have 23k miles on mine and not a problem. I have finally found a car that drives/performs as well as it looks. I just hope MB is still making these when I replace this one!

The acceleration, comfort and handling. I am six ft and fit very comfortably in this car, even on long trips. The retractable hardtop is quiet as a hardtop when up. The Airscarf and seat heaters really help keep you warm with the top down on cool days/nights. With the 7-speed, the mileage is impressive. I average 25+ on the highway at 80mph.

The paddle shifters on the steering wheel are easily hit when driving. On several occasions, I have downshifted unintentionally. Just something to be aware of. The ONLY other thing is the cup holders which retract from the center top air vent. They block the air flow and inconvenient. But come on...when the biggest complaint is the location of the cup holders...life is pretty good.