Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:

Honey I am going to the Store Again!
By rgs455returns

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best car I have owned! I had a certain level of expectation that the car would be really good but the SLK 350 far exceed my expectations! I am 6'4" and fit in the car just fine. The car has very responsive sports car ride. The interior is just as impressive as the exterior. Instrumentation and electronics are spectacular! The extras are well worth the money, preset power seats between my wife and I, key controlled remote for the top outside the car, cruse control sets to the exact speed. The neck scarf is a must. The gas mileage is much better than I expected! The car is very quiet with the top up and very little wind noise with the top down! Clearly the best!

I really love the sound the car makes with the top down and the smooth 7 speed automatic pours out the pure horsepower! This car is the best kept secret! Itís great to drive something that is very different than everyone else!

I just can't think of one! Mercedes has truly given tremendous amount of thought to every detail!

Sweet!
By B Kalla

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Mercedes and I love it. I look forward to going to work so I can drive it. Great power and handling. Turns on a dime, and stops in no time. Need to be careful, even with the top down it is easy to get over the speed limit without even noticing. Love the retractable top. Great sound system with the upgrade and neck scarf is nice. Gets surprisingly good gas mileage, I get 25+ mpg on my drive to work as long as the top is up and 22- 23 with the top down.

Love the power top, stereo and especially the performance. I'm surprised I haven't accumulated any tickets. Satellite radio is especially nice.

Seats need lumbar support. Cup holders are in a really inconvenient spot.

SLK350 is Great!
By haroldws

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car as a toy for driving this spring and summer. So far it has been nothing short of wonderful.

Power! Engine power, braking power and agility. This car is fantastic to drive.

Two things, first the seats have no lumbar support whatsoever and second the stereo is somewhat underpowered.

Great Car
By larry

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Love the car, great performance, fun to drive. Recommend spending extra to get the entertainment package really worth the $'s. Also recommend the ipod kit. Nice to have all that music available in such a great car. This car will perform when pushed and the sound from the engine is thrilling. Con-watch out for speed bumps and curb stoppers. the front cowl is low and it is easy to bump without knowing.

Retractable top, sound system

More standard features

I love my SLK!
By Wow!

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just got my SLK and LOVE it! Its exterior is so sharp, and the car is so fun to drive. (I'm one of those crazy "have to have a manual" for fun factor!) I look forward to warm weather and being able to drive with the top down. The car is quiet. I love having the navigation system and the stereo upgrade. I don't know about the reliability as the car is so new. Vroom!

The retractable hard top sold me. Holds road around corners so well. Shifts smoothly.

Crazy cup holders!