2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
Dont bother
By a&j on 08/12/05 14:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Although a great car to look at, you will generally have a Kia Sorento Loan Vehicle as it spends so long in the shop. Engine & transmission problems, roof locking down, ESP malfunctions & generally everything you can think of. Great styling & fun when it goes but way too unreliable for the $50K price tag. Wait for the X2 model before trying!

Finally, a great looking SLK
By Mark in Prescott AZ on 08/05/05 16:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just got a new SLK280 a few days ago. So far it has been near perfect. I was concerned about MB quality based on what I've read but so far so good. The car has great performance, styling, comfort and even good gas mileage. I'm fairly short and the Comfort Package with the 8 way power seats allowed for a wide range of adjustment. I restored and drove vintage British sportscars for 15 years. This car is as much fun to drive and seems to be very high quality. Styling is great. I'll write another review in six months or so and let you know if there have been any problems. By the way, I got the 280 instead of the 350 because it has plenty of power, better gas mileage and a $4K lower price.

Great Looking Car With Performance
By Jim Carr on 08/04/05 13:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great looking car that turns heads. Lots of great comments about the design of the car. I had a 350Z before this car and always wanted a convertible but didn't want a rag top and didn't like the design of the older SLK's. The new SLK350 was the answer with design and the retractable top. Great handling on mountain roads and on the freeways.

Perfect Commuter
By RAFE in Denver on 08/03/05 23:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I spend over an hour each way commuting five times a week. My SLK350 is perfectly suited to handle bumper to bumper, open highway, and pleasure cruising. Top down, windows up it's nearly as quiet as top up. This car also saved me from a near collision with two deer late one night with strong night vision and panic-sure maneuverability at 65+ mph. The cockpit layout is very ergonomic and the controls easy to use without taking eyes from the road. I have liked many previous cars, but the SLK350 is my first-time love affair.

You deserve it! (Buy it - don't lease it)
By Denise on 07/31/05 17:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great car! Fun to drive. Convertible is open in less than 25 seconds. Heat scarf in head-rest lets you keep warm with the top down when the air is cool. Don't lease it - do the math and buy it!

Very Happy
By robert mann on 07/08/05 22:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After many Acura NSX leases, I came back to the SLK 350 of '06. It's less expensive, but more comfortable, and I've already had comments from strangers. The diamond silver (baby blue) with ash interior is a knockout. Spend extra on the remote roof control and wood trim interior. The automatic transmission is very smooth. Remember to tell your dealer to skip their advertising on the car. It looks better without it.

Fun Ride
By Matt Smith on 07/08/05 11:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

A really fun car. Great handling with a smooth, powerful engine. There seem to be some rattles coming from behind the seats that others have complained about too.

Room for a big guy
By Plainshunter on 07/05/05 08:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I am 6 feet 6 inches, and this is the car that I found that not only I could sit in with comfort, but have a ball driving. This car is blessed with good power, very good handling, and an eye catching look. It comes with a nice standard package, but a few of the upgrades can make it special. I looked at the Boxter, and Vette, but couldn't sit in either with any comfort. Last but not least, the power hardtop on the Benz is awsome.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.