Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-benz Slk-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:

Definite winner
By johnb

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first sporty car I've had since my 1973 911T. Needless to say, that car set a high standard. The SLK exceeded my expectations. Not a "chick car", the MB handles and performs like a real sports car. Plus, it's comfortable for a tall driver (6'5"). Don't know yet about the reliability, but I'm hoping the R171 platform has it designed in. Daimler really got it right with this one!

Favorite Features

Convertible top (hard) 6-speed

Suggested Improvements

Standard tranny on AMG model

Great Fun, Little Car
By Mossbeck

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is built for those of us who have our transportation needs covered by our other vehicles. The car is fun and fast, with a depandable and quick response to what the driver wants it to do. The 3.5 liter engine can get you into "illegal territory" in absolutely no time. My wife and I love our SLK 350 and will recommend it to any one who wants to spoil themselves with some luxury fun. Get used to compliments, because people will walk up to you with some nice words about that car.

Favorite Features

The hard top convertible is the best of both worlds. It is a true sports car, but with all the luxury you expect from Mercedes.

Suggested Improvements

Mercedes and other European luxury car makers must understand that cup holders actually is a safety feature. We Americans love to have access to our beverage while driving. Flimsy cupholders can be a distraction. Who wants to wear your coffee or water, when exiting your fancy car.

SLK-Size doesn't matter
By Joe

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The new SLK-series body turns heads no matter where you go. The lines on the car for the price are the best that I have seen from any other car manufacturer. As for the motor, the 350 delivers a sufficient 268 hp which might seem small at first, however once in the cockpit of this rocket, you will be shot forward once the gas pedal is pressed. Many view this car as a "woman" car, however whoever declares this will probably not be bale to keep up with you. I am very pleased with my SLK350 and would advise anyone who is considering a mildly priced sports car to give it a test drive. Being in the market for a sports car, I considered the Z4, and G35, however the SLK was a no-brainer.

Favorite Features

The electronic-retractable roof. Step-tronic transmission makes driving more interactive. Optional wood trim. Amazing McLaren nose, and ESP mode

Suggested Improvements

If looking to blast your music, I suggest that you get the optional sound system upgrade

Great Car/Head Turner
By Ms. D

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great value for a Mercedes roadster. Better than the cheaper version "Saturn". I'm happy with my purchase. Hardtop convertible is awesome.

Favorite Features

Hardtop convertible, luxury interior design and handles like a racecar.

SLK350
By hnicgm

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

No longer a "chick car", the SLK 350 is now a worthy competitor in the sports car arena. It is a decent blend of sports car purism, a la Honda S2000, and grand tourer, a la its older sibling, the SL500. Great to look at, fun to drive - a real head-turner.

Suggested Improvements

A little less weight. A little less complicated in the interior