2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
2006 SLK280
By JJK on 12/03/05 20:49 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently traded in my BMW 328is for the Mercedes slk280. I looked into the BMW z4, Porsche boxster, and the Mercedes CLK in addition to the SLK. Besides some very minor interior design detail flaws the car is a perfect match. The dealership was a major factor in purchasing. Since BMW left me with a sour taste due to their poor customer service in the repair department. I chose the Mercedes which ranked in my opinion neck and neck with the z4. Mercedes service and responsiveness was out of this world. The entire transaction was effortless and w/o a doubt a fine deal all around. Absolutely no regret. SLK280 w/stand. Trans was more than powerful. The automatic version wasn't as fun.

It's worth the price
By mirrordor on 11/19/05 15:55 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

My wife had a SLK 320 and I never liked it; I am very small but feel cramped in it. I don't feel that way with the SLK 350. It no longer looks like a chic car. Handling is much better and it does feel sporty. All the creak and groan are gone with the top up. Top folding and raising are much faster than the SLK 320. The freeway milage is surprising (27.4). Some people may like more storing space but I think the CD changer in the glove box is more convenient. The flip top features of the arm rest is also convenient. The automatic partial rolling down of the windows may help to prevent the leaking of the door weather strips (as in the SLK 320).

Pure Power
By Unboss on 11/17/05 16:02 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I pressed the pedel, and power came calling. I moved the steering wheel, and moved around a dime. Everyone has a positive opinion of how great my car looks. The cockpit fits like a custom fit glove! Now the first payment is due, ah well who is better then ME! (My wife) It's worth it. Pure!

"crisis car"
By richard gunn on 11/07/05 17:28 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Given my age at 65... I'm a good ways past a mid-life crisis! I decided to get a convertible "crisis car". Like MB says...life is too short and the road too long not to drive a Benz. I have owned and driven four Nissan Z cars in the most recent years. The SLK, in my opinion, is by far the better car! I think the car gives you beyond what you might expect from a roadster in this price range. Others agree that with a mere flick of a switch you're in a convertible or hardtop...it doesn't get any better!! In my opinion this car gives you all the power and all the performance that you would need in todays traffic conditions. The gas mileage is a definite advantage given todays current prices!!

Perfect car-SLK55
By oldman55 on 10/21/05 23:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

18-19MPG in town. 0-WOW in seconds. Optional 030 package is worth every penny. Braking is unreal.

Cute but dangerous. Be Careful.
By RCaugh on 10/08/05 13:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third Benz in as many years. Had the SLK 320, SL 500, now SLK 350. Unfortunately, I already rear ended a Lincoln Towncar in LA. The anitlock brakes locked and I slid 300 feet going 45 mph. Mercedez denies this but the skid marks proved the brakes locked. Did zero damage to the Lincoln but $10K damage, 6 weeks in shop, to my SLK. The front is entirely plastic save the hood, but that plastic is incredibly pricey. No engine damage. Later going 10 miles per hour and slammed brakes and skidded. This car does not want to stop, too light. Be careful - stay back. Tried to upgrade to Nav system, 6 disk CD, and iPod integration. ALL are factory, no upgrades.

SLK350
By gloria on 10/05/05 09:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love the car it handles great. It has a lot of power & great pick up speed which makes it great for getting in & out of traffic. It also turns on a dime. For a 2 seater it is very comfortable. I love the car!

Unreliable
By Martin P on 09/10/05 13:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Two weeks after purchasing the car check engine light came on. Dealer could not find any thing wrong when took the car in. Engine check light comes on and off (Not because the gas cap is not tight). Dealer says nothing to worry about. A few days later ESP light came on. After that had problem to turn the car on. Tried to trade in the car that purchased for $60K with less than 800 miles, they offered only $41K.

I love this car
By dancingstar on 09/05/05 16:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the only car I've ever had that makes me laugh when I drive it cause it's just so much fun to drive...and it's so very beautiful. I don't even mind sitting in Los Angeles traffic -- well, except when I'm stuck behind some truck blowing smoke in my face when the top is down. My car is black on black, and I call it "Black Beauty." I especially enjoy the neck warmer so that I can take advantage of the hard-top convertible even when it gets cooler at night. If you don't want attention, this car isn't for you cause people sure do notice it. :-)

I love this car!
By dancingstar on 09/01/05 22:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I haven't had a car that made me laugh when I drive it since my Triumph in high school. It is beautiful, handles like a dream and is a blast to drive on the open road or in Los Angeles traffic.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.