2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
Love it
By i. fraigun on 11/10/06 08:17 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love to drive this car. Especially with the top down. However, my husband leaves before I do in the morning so I usually have to drive our other car. This car is a lot of fun to drive. The hardtop convertible is great and very convenient to use. I love the heated seats and neck warmer. The ride can be a little jittery on some roads.

A Great Little Car
By Vince on 11/04/06 07:33 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

I had a Lambo door kit installed early on. For those not really in the know, people asked me if it was an SLR. I like the styling cues taken from the SLR. Several times other lesser car drivers have taken me on from a stoplite to their disappointment (just a quick launch).The exhaust note is wonderful, much better than my SLK32 AMG (which was a little faster). You just can't beat the sound of a V-8. The car receives compliments from both men and women alike. Handling through the canyons of So. Cal. is suberb.

Dream come true
By Steve Hockenberry on 10/31/06 06:15 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am so pleased with my new SLK 280. It is such a pleasure to drive especially in the "Sport" mode. It hugs the road and the stability and handling are second to none. The envious looks we get on the road are worth its weight in gold. A real "fun car" and enjoyable driving experience.

Don't get it.
By Ikarus on 10/24/06 01:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Don't get it if you don't like attention. This car is a looker and you'll get random people approaching you giving you compliments. Unlike others, I like the sound of the stock sound system. What's ridiculous though is that in 2006, it still won't play MP3s. The air-scarf is a must-have option. Get it, or regret it!

Love the Look
By kepfish on 10/04/06 09:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the car for over a year now. I love the look. Rides a little rough though. The top rattles when up, dealership told me that that happens with convertibles. I like the gas mileage, and the trunk is surprisingly accomodating. Standard audio system could be better. My only real complaint would be the noises and creaks that the top makes when up. Like everyone else, the cup holder is in a funky place.

SLK 55 AMG
By Jerry on 09/18/06 19:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

Overall just an awsome car. Fun to drive anywhere except terrible roads or off road where you would not want to be anyway. Be careful of steep driveways as it is very low. Especially fun on the track. On the track you can really push it and use the power and stability the car has for a great experience. On the freeway I get about 24 mpg and on the track I get about 7.1 mpg. I wish they had the performance option available when I ordered mine in mid 2005. As long as it is not raining, the top is down and you never get cold with the heated seats, heater, and airscarf. I have driven it in sunny 38 degrees top down and just a heavy shirt or light jacket. You will love it.

Worth every Penny!
By Evan on 09/14/06 17:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned my SLK55 for a little less then a year. I traded in my 2001 Porsche 911 Turbo for this AMG beast. It handles like it is on rails, and accelerates with flawless shifting without ever missing a beat. Easier to maintain than any other super car out there! If you can get yourself into one, you won't regret it.

Just simply amazing
By Easty on 09/05/06 07:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

OK, it's expensive and it's not a super light little racer. But it's pretty much a fantastic performer in every area. Race track fun, Top down crusing, luxury tour driving, and looks to simply kill. Pulling up to the finest manor house is not a problem. It's not perfect at anything, Just perfect at everything.

Definite winner
By johnb on 09/02/06 16:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first sporty car I've had since my 1973 911T. Needless to say, that car set a high standard. The SLK exceeded my expectations. Not a "chick car", the MB handles and performs like a real sports car. Plus, it's comfortable for a tall driver (6'5"). Don't know yet about the reliability, but I'm hoping the R171 platform has it designed in. Daimler really got it right with this one!

Great Fun, Little Car
By Mossbeck on 09/01/06 09:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is built for those of us who have our transportation needs covered by our other vehicles. The car is fun and fast, with a depandable and quick response to what the driver wants it to do. The 3.5 liter engine can get you into "illegal territory" in absolutely no time. My wife and I love our SLK 350 and will recommend it to any one who wants to spoil themselves with some luxury fun. Get used to compliments, because people will walk up to you with some nice words about that car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.