2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG - Consumer Reviews

SLK55 AMG 5.4L V8 7-speed Automatic - (22 reviews )
Best Bang for your Buck!
By highnumbers on 05/30/12 10:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

The SLK55 AMG has to be one of the best values in a sports car. Considering that most used 05-08 SLK55's are under $30K, that is an unbelievable value considering the technology, performance and amenities if offers. Mine is getting up there in mileage, but the performance and engine are rock solid, reliable and I've had no issues whatsoever. I really can't think of another car in this price range that turns as many heads, is as much fun to drive and feels as nice as this car. This could be your only car - it's plenty comfortable, and spacious if you're not carrying cargo much. Fuel mileage is pretty bad, but worth it for the great performance.

The Ultimate Performance
By scottinsedona on 12/04/11 08:40 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

I have had multiple BMWs and an Audi, but nothing performs like this car. The acceleration (and exhaust sound) and handling is awesome. If you can hang on, no corner is too fast. I put Michelin PS2s on and the handling (and red smoothness) is even better. I have 23k miles on mine and not a problem. I have finally found a car that drives/performs as well as it looks. I just hope MB is still making these when I replace this one!

Looks fast and is!
By 1st Mercedes on 03/31/10 18:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

Bought this car used with 12K miles on it. My previous car was a BMW M3. This car blows away the M3. The handling is unbelievable and accelerator very responsive. The 7- speed manual mode shifting is fun, but use the automatic when every day commuting. I can't say enough good things about this car. It's performance is as good as its looks!

This is an awesome Mercedes
By Niten on 04/21/08 19:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

Love it. I like this roadster. It has a presence and a sound that turns heads. I put 19" lorinser wheels on mine and they look sick.

One word, awesome!
By Vegeta on 10/10/07 22:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

This car is great! I always enjoy driving this car since it is not my daily driver. Great looks, top up or down, great handling, it's got it all!

Road Trip
By SLicK55 on 05/02/07 13:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

We all know it is blistering fast, fun to drive, and a real head-turner. The SLK 55 is also a very civilized beast. I use mine as a daily commuter, and it is a joy to drive, even in heavy traffic. The car is just as comfortable on longer trips. I've just returned from an 800-mile trip, and it was one of the most enjoyable drives I have ever experienced. I was also pleasantly surprised to find I averaged 26 mpg, driving at 75 mph! Mileage was the same with top up or down.

Fast, great looking, and safe!
By BeeGee on 04/12/07 10:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

I bought my 2006 SLK55 AMG a year ago. I adored this car and its unique look. The handling was great, and it was a little rocket! Well, last week a woman in a truck crashed into me head on! She didn't see me and it happened so quickly that neither of us had time to brake. I estimate the combined speed to be about 75mph. Well, that little car saved my life. The entire engine compartment looked like an accordion, but due to the safety design, the engine dropped versus penetrating the cab. The car looked like a smashed tin can with an intact cab! The seatbelt and airbags deployed, and I escaped with relatively minor injuries. I am ordering my brand new SLK55 right now!

One of a Kind
By Beauty and Fast on 02/13/07 22:47 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

I purchased my SLK55 AMG in March 2006. As a woman, I can tell you that it is awesome and the prettiest car on the road. It is also one of the fewest of this model around which I like because I like to be different. The stares are unreal. I think it could be more comfortable in the seating arrangement and the cupholder more accessible, but nothing major. Fast car!

What's best for $60-70k
By doc rokt on 12/01/06 15:25 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

I drove them all, and this was the best as it has all the creature comforts, can be driven in any format ie commute, aggressive back roads, flying on the highway, all the way to flat out racing, -- equally well. Watching the jaws drop as you fly by is alone worth every cent. For the first time I got everything I ever wanted in a sports car with no sacrifices in safety or comfort. Drop the top, crank the sat radio, classic vinyl born to be wild and feel the smile spread from ear to ear, sing your lungs out and have more fun and performance than you ever ever thought possible.The one gripe I have exists in all exotics and that is annoying small problems that require a short dealer fix.

A Great Little Car
By Vince on 11/04/06 07:33 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

I had a Lambo door kit installed early on. For those not really in the know, people asked me if it was an SLR. I like the styling cues taken from the SLR. Several times other lesser car drivers have taken me on from a stoplite to their disappointment (just a quick launch).The exhaust note is wonderful, much better than my SLK32 AMG (which was a little faster). You just can't beat the sound of a V-8. The car receives compliments from both men and women alike. Handling through the canyons of So. Cal. is suberb.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.