Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-benz Slk-class - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:

Rain back washes into electrical when battery clogged. Hole too small! Defective!
By ladyneworleans

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Defect w/battery. The rain overflows fm the right side, into the battery box. There is a tiny hole for the rain to exit. The hole gets clogged up causing the rain water to back up into the electrical. Ruined A/C, Heat, cruise control, radio, etc. A total nightmare. I pushed the little black rubber stopper in & don't have the problem anymore. This is a manufacturer defect. Cost me thousands. The front bumper is also defective. 9 out of 10 are cracked. 1. It's too low 2. It's too flimsy. 3. It's high enough to scrape the top of a yellow cement parking block. Hello! Now that USA owns MB... starting to turn into crap!

Favorite Features

I've owned SLK since they first came out. It looks awesome! Fun to Drive. The 06 has lots of problems. Now the radio is making a noise. No music just the same loud repetitious noise.

Suggested Improvements

1. Reinvent the front bumper! too low & flimsy 2. Make a larger exit hole for rain to exit fm windshield instead of back washing into the electrical.

Put zing into your life!
By brendafay54@aol.com

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I am 56, no I am not having a midlife crisis. But I did need a little zing , so i found the most perfect car to ram rod around in. I really love my car, It is fun, you get the looks, you feel like a million bucks, and the 06, was very reasonably priced. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Favorite Features

the top goes up and down with the touch of a finger, never gets caught in the rain, with the top down, takes about 30 seconds to bring it up or down.

Suggested Improvements

maybe the interior could be prettier, with a wood design. But no improvement really necessary

Look Younger & Thinner
By vkf

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the SLK350 just over a year ago. It's lived up to almost every expectation. Driving it is like handling a rocket. It has serious power and when you punch it, there is literally no hesitation. Even with the top down, there is no wind noise - you can listen to the radio and your hair doesn't look like you fixed it with a weed-eater. I do have the AirScarf and it makes a huge difference. Like everyone else I think the cupholder is an abomination. I knocked a full cup of coffee over in it (it's in a bad place AND it's flimsy). Now the buttons on my radio and heat/air are spongy and unpredictable. Mercedes can't fix them either. Still, a great car.

Favorite Features

The top going up or down is a 3-ring circus! Gathers a crowd every time! Love the handling and pick-up. The headlights are amazing without blinding oncoming drivers.

Suggested Improvements

MOVE the cupholder! Tires wear out quickly. Seat needs better adjustment. I'm only 5'2" so the seat belt needs to be adjustable too. Still will buy another, though...

Cool MB, SLK350
By rrk

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased this SLK350 in Chicago and immediately drove home to Texas. A fun drive. Averaged 28 mpg over the 1500 miles. We have no complaints. The car is what it is, a fun, attractive two seater. We had enough trunk space for an overnight suitcase and space for wine, etc. At the end of the day averaging 400 miles each day, we still felt good. Lots of honks and thumbs up on the road and walkaround inspections by other drivers at rest stops. The HK sound system is great. the navigation system, once you figure it out, works like a charm. Coffee cup holders are a bit of an after thought, but they do work. We love the car and think it will be fun to own and drive. Fit and finish in and out-great

Favorite Features

Exterior design, hard top, engine and sound. Interior seats and appointments.

Suggested Improvements

When the ignition is turned off, it would be nice to have the seats move back automatically to allow easier exit. Coffee cup holder repositioned.

By JOHN

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love the car it is very comfortable and I enjoy driving it. The top is amazing to see go up and down. We will have to take it to the shop to see what the wine is in the engine, but I am hoping that it is nothing serious. We do have a warranty on it so hopefully whatever it is it will not cost us anything it only had 10 thousand miles on it when we purchased it his month I do love it

Favorite Features

My husbandís favorite feature is the convertible top that with a push of a button it is up or down also the memory seats and the heat on the back of the neck on a cool night. Fabulous

Suggested Improvements

The only suggested improvement is where the cup holder is. Right over all the radio controls. This is not a good place for your cup to be dripping. Need to reconstruct where that cup holders should go.