2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
Rain back washes into electrical when battery clogged. Hole too small! Defective!
By ladyneworleans on 06/18/14 13:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Defect w/battery. The rain overflows fm the right side, into the battery box. There is a tiny hole for the rain to exit. The hole gets clogged up causing the rain water to back up into the electrical. Ruined A/C, Heat, cruise control, radio, etc. A total nightmare. I pushed the little black rubber stopper in & don't have the problem anymore. This is a manufacturer defect. Cost me thousands. The front bumper is also defective. 9 out of 10 are cracked. 1. It's too low 2. It's too flimsy. 3. It's high enough to scrape the top of a yellow cement parking block. Hello! Now that USA owns MB... starting to turn into crap!

Put zing into your life!
By brendafay54@aol.com on 07/21/10 19:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I am 56, no I am not having a midlife crisis. But I did need a little zing , so i found the most perfect car to ram rod around in. I really love my car, It is fun, you get the looks, you feel like a million bucks, and the 06, was very reasonably priced. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Great Car!
By Vittoria on 07/03/10 19:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car. Bought it used with under 15K miles, get better than rated mpg, quick, solid, turns heads, loads of fun convertible hard-top design is awesome.

Perfect Convertible Except...
By dweezilb on 02/21/10 21:44 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I test drove the Z4, Audi TT, and Miata, but found the SLK to be the best balance of practicality and fun. I love the way it corners while still eating bumps with the standard Mercedes THUD (this is my 3rd Mercedes). I think it has the best, most organic curves of the contemporary two seaters, plenty of power, firm but comfortable seats, and enough room for two weekend bags. My only gripe - and it's a big one - is the rattles and squeaks. I drove 3 SLKs and they all produced noises over bumps. I think it's a side effect of the hard top.

I LOVE this car!
By vinochickie on 09/15/09 16:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car because I had always wanted a convertible. What a great first convertible experience! This car turns heads everywhere I go. The pick-up is great! The fuel economy listed is less than the 25mpg I've been averaging. It handles really well no matter where you may be. Great for sharp turns or straight roads.

Nice convertible
By J. Michael on 08/10/09 20:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We purchased this as a 3rd car, primarily for weekend use, but I find myself driving it evenings also, just tooling around. It's a blast, drives great, turns heads with the top up or down (and especially when it is being retracted). Solid engine, perfect "rumble," seats are comfortable, great stereo, nice handling, etc. It is a great-looking car, and a lot of fun!

Perfection
By Jim on 08/09/09 11:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I really love this car. I also own a 2004 SLK 230. All the issues I hated about the SLK 230 have been fixed with this new generation. Car does not hunt the road on rutted highways anymore, smoother ride. This car will get 27 mpg if you behave yourself. I can't say more about how much I love this one. This is my fourth MB and so far it is the best one.

Look Younger & Thinner
By vkf on 05/29/09 16:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the SLK350 just over a year ago. It's lived up to almost every expectation. Driving it is like handling a rocket. It has serious power and when you punch it, there is literally no hesitation. Even with the top down, there is no wind noise - you can listen to the radio and your hair doesn't look like you fixed it with a weed-eater. I do have the AirScarf and it makes a huge difference. Like everyone else I think the cupholder is an abomination. I knocked a full cup of coffee over in it (it's in a bad place AND it's flimsy). Now the buttons on my radio and heat/air are spongy and unpredictable. Mercedes can't fix them either. Still, a great car.

Its what you expect from Mercedes
By Buy One on 05/28/09 21:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the second SLK I've owned and they get better each time. Fuel economy is 6.5L/110km that's 35 miles/g. The conv roof is slick, performance is wonderful. I'd highly recommend the worlds first 7 speed tranny.

Never again
By Never again... on 12/28/08 15:53 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Cute car for wife. Build quality not what I expected for a Mercedes-Benz. Expensive to maintain. Took in for 12000 mile check up and left with a $351.77 bill with new wipers. The doors sound tinny when closing. The defoster only runs on high and is noisy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.