2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
Rain back washes into electrical when battery clogged. Hole too small! Defective!
By ladyneworleans on 06/18/14 13:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Defect w/battery. The rain overflows fm the right side, into the battery box. There is a tiny hole for the rain to exit. The hole gets clogged up causing the rain water to back up into the electrical. Ruined A/C, Heat, cruise control, radio, etc. A total nightmare. I pushed the little black rubber stopper in & don't have the problem anymore. This is a manufacturer defect. Cost me thousands. The front bumper is also defective. 9 out of 10 are cracked. 1. It's too low 2. It's too flimsy. 3. It's high enough to scrape the top of a yellow cement parking block. Hello! Now that USA owns MB... starting to turn into crap!

Put zing into your life!
By brendafay54@aol.com on 07/21/10 19:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I am 56, no I am not having a midlife crisis. But I did need a little zing , so i found the most perfect car to ram rod around in. I really love my car, It is fun, you get the looks, you feel like a million bucks, and the 06, was very reasonably priced. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Look Younger & Thinner
By vkf on 05/29/09 16:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the SLK350 just over a year ago. It's lived up to almost every expectation. Driving it is like handling a rocket. It has serious power and when you punch it, there is literally no hesitation. Even with the top down, there is no wind noise - you can listen to the radio and your hair doesn't look like you fixed it with a weed-eater. I do have the AirScarf and it makes a huge difference. Like everyone else I think the cupholder is an abomination. I knocked a full cup of coffee over in it (it's in a bad place AND it's flimsy). Now the buttons on my radio and heat/air are spongy and unpredictable. Mercedes can't fix them either. Still, a great car.

Cool MB, SLK350
By rrk on 05/29/08 11:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased this SLK350 in Chicago and immediately drove home to Texas. A fun drive. Averaged 28 mpg over the 1500 miles. We have no complaints. The car is what it is, a fun, attractive two seater. We had enough trunk space for an overnight suitcase and space for wine, etc. At the end of the day averaging 400 miles each day, we still felt good. Lots of honks and thumbs up on the road and walkaround inspections by other drivers at rest stops. The HK sound system is great. the navigation system, once you figure it out, works like a charm. Coffee cup holders are a bit of an after thought, but they do work. We love the car and think it will be fun to own and drive. Fit and finish in and out-great

By JOHN on 03/13/08 07:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love the car it is very comfortable and I enjoy driving it. The top is amazing to see go up and down. We will have to take it to the shop to see what the wine is in the engine, but I am hoping that it is nothing serious. We do have a warranty on it so hopefully whatever it is it will not cost us anything it only had 10 thousand miles on it when we purchased it his month I do love it

06 SLK 350
By jmaze01 on 12/18/07 19:42 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car the performance is awesome. It doesn't hurt when you are constantly getting compliments

Never again
By Keith on 10/30/07 10:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

There are problems with the switch that allows the top to go up and down. The glove box in the center is broken more than fixed. The handling is poor at best. Not what you would expect for the price, I am going back to PORSCHE.

The SLK
By Marty on 01/13/07 13:52 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Having traded a Corvette, I had no idea how exciting it would be to drive the SLK. This car feels like an extension of myself. It's responsive and performs very well. The 350 is no Corvette V-8, but it satisfies. I was surprised to find that the SLK is slightly heavier than the Corvette. It is so solid. It also has a boat load more features than the Corvette. The interior quality is far superior. The Corvette definitely has an agressive, muscular body. But the SLK is most assuredly sexy. I would definitely recommend this vehicle.

Best Roadster in the 50k Range
By Aaron on 01/03/07 19:44 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Pro: Very stylish and elegant. I have the silver one with red interior. The SLK 350 feels very solid on the road. Mine has the 6M and it is fun and easy to drive. Cons: The navigation unit failed once, the dealer replaced it with a new one, it has been working fine since.

Should have gotten it sooner!
By jj on 12/19/06 22:49 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have the 6 speed manual 350, and everytime I get in the car, I can't help but smile. This car is such a joy to drive. The AirScarf option bascially makes this car an all season convertible, not just for summer. People look at you funny when driving in the middle of winter with the down down, but with heated seats and warm air blowing on your neck from the headrest, it is extremely comfortable. Wind noise is minimal, you can have a pleasant conversation with the top down driving 70 mph on the freeway. The free car wash at the dealership is an awesome service, never having to wash my car ever again!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.