2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
Great Car!
By Vittoria on 07/03/10 19:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car. Bought it used with under 15K miles, get better than rated mpg, quick, solid, turns heads, loads of fun convertible hard-top design is awesome.

Perfect Convertible Except...
By dweezilb on 02/21/10 21:44 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I test drove the Z4, Audi TT, and Miata, but found the SLK to be the best balance of practicality and fun. I love the way it corners while still eating bumps with the standard Mercedes THUD (this is my 3rd Mercedes). I think it has the best, most organic curves of the contemporary two seaters, plenty of power, firm but comfortable seats, and enough room for two weekend bags. My only gripe - and it's a big one - is the rattles and squeaks. I drove 3 SLKs and they all produced noises over bumps. I think it's a side effect of the hard top.

I LOVE this car!
By vinochickie on 09/15/09 16:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car because I had always wanted a convertible. What a great first convertible experience! This car turns heads everywhere I go. The pick-up is great! The fuel economy listed is less than the 25mpg I've been averaging. It handles really well no matter where you may be. Great for sharp turns or straight roads.

Nice convertible
By J. Michael on 08/10/09 20:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We purchased this as a 3rd car, primarily for weekend use, but I find myself driving it evenings also, just tooling around. It's a blast, drives great, turns heads with the top up or down (and especially when it is being retracted). Solid engine, perfect "rumble," seats are comfortable, great stereo, nice handling, etc. It is a great-looking car, and a lot of fun!

Perfection
By Jim on 08/09/09 11:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I really love this car. I also own a 2004 SLK 230. All the issues I hated about the SLK 230 have been fixed with this new generation. Car does not hunt the road on rutted highways anymore, smoother ride. This car will get 27 mpg if you behave yourself. I can't say more about how much I love this one. This is my fourth MB and so far it is the best one.

Its what you expect from Mercedes
By Buy One on 05/28/09 21:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the second SLK I've owned and they get better each time. Fuel economy is 6.5L/110km that's 35 miles/g. The conv roof is slick, performance is wonderful. I'd highly recommend the worlds first 7 speed tranny.

Never again
By Never again... on 12/28/08 15:53 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Cute car for wife. Build quality not what I expected for a Mercedes-Benz. Expensive to maintain. Took in for 12000 mile check up and left with a $351.77 bill with new wipers. The doors sound tinny when closing. The defoster only runs on high and is noisy.

Disappointed
By Tatiana on 07/29/08 15:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

So yes the vehicle is great to look at and fun to drive. If you enjoy people staring and asking you how you can afford this vehicle than I recommend you buying one. However, I feel the vehicle being Mercedes and all they would have done better with a few things. The cup holder is right above the radio and a/c vents? Very uncomfortable and inconvenent place to set your drinks, very little support. There is no adjustment for the defrost function, it just blows out full force. So you are forced to turn in on and off when in use. Just recently the coating around the radio station program dials (0-9) has been peeling off. It seems to be due to the sun? This car is a convertible!

2996 SLK 280
By Dave B on 02/01/08 06:55 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car has been very reliable and fun to drive. It has good visibility, handles nicely, and has a smooth ride. I had a 350Z before - and that was a much bumpier ride. I only have minor complaints - the front bumper is so low that it is easy to ding it on curbs when parking. Also, the cup holder is in a stupid location - in front of the a/c vent and in your field of view. The thing I like best is the retractable hard top - most people are surprised that the car is a convertible. When the see the top retract - they are amazed.

Mechanical Nightmare
By sculotu on 08/13/07 19:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

OK, the car looks sexy and when it isn't in the shop it can be fun to drive. Only 18 months old I'm already in the market for a new car. The car has been in the shop seven times already. It blows tremendous amounts of smoke when it's cold and shakes violently when starting up. It leaks water from the roof. There is a constant whining noise on the passenger side mirror (which I'm told is pretty typical), new tires needed after 15,000 miles. Paint job is spotted in places looks like they missed spots. Lost display lights while driving and "remove key" light stayed on for days. Be careful, very low front easily damaged. Unfortunately, it's not worth the money. Very disappointed with car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.