2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
Rain back washes into electrical when battery clogged. Hole too small! Defective!
By ladyneworleans on 06/18/14 13:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Defect w/battery. The rain overflows fm the right side, into the battery box. There is a tiny hole for the rain to exit. The hole gets clogged up causing the rain water to back up into the electrical. Ruined A/C, Heat, cruise control, radio, etc. A total nightmare. I pushed the little black rubber stopper in & don't have the problem anymore. This is a manufacturer defect. Cost me thousands. The front bumper is also defective. 9 out of 10 are cracked. 1. It's too low 2. It's too flimsy. 3. It's high enough to scrape the top of a yellow cement parking block. Hello! Now that USA owns MB... starting to turn into crap!

Best Bang for your Buck!
By highnumbers on 05/30/12 10:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

The SLK55 AMG has to be one of the best values in a sports car. Considering that most used 05-08 SLK55's are under $30K, that is an unbelievable value considering the technology, performance and amenities if offers. Mine is getting up there in mileage, but the performance and engine are rock solid, reliable and I've had no issues whatsoever. I really can't think of another car in this price range that turns as many heads, is as much fun to drive and feels as nice as this car. This could be your only car - it's plenty comfortable, and spacious if you're not carrying cargo much. Fuel mileage is pretty bad, but worth it for the great performance.

The Ultimate Performance
By scottinsedona on 12/04/11 08:40 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

I have had multiple BMWs and an Audi, but nothing performs like this car. The acceleration (and exhaust sound) and handling is awesome. If you can hang on, no corner is too fast. I put Michelin PS2s on and the handling (and red smoothness) is even better. I have 23k miles on mine and not a problem. I have finally found a car that drives/performs as well as it looks. I just hope MB is still making these when I replace this one!

Put zing into your life!
By brendafay54@aol.com on 07/21/10 19:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I am 56, no I am not having a midlife crisis. But I did need a little zing , so i found the most perfect car to ram rod around in. I really love my car, It is fun, you get the looks, you feel like a million bucks, and the 06, was very reasonably priced. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Great Car!
By Vittoria on 07/03/10 19:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car. Bought it used with under 15K miles, get better than rated mpg, quick, solid, turns heads, loads of fun convertible hard-top design is awesome.

Looks fast and is!
By 1st Mercedes on 03/31/10 18:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

Bought this car used with 12K miles on it. My previous car was a BMW M3. This car blows away the M3. The handling is unbelievable and accelerator very responsive. The 7- speed manual mode shifting is fun, but use the automatic when every day commuting. I can't say enough good things about this car. It's performance is as good as its looks!

Perfect Convertible Except...
By dweezilb on 02/21/10 21:44 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I test drove the Z4, Audi TT, and Miata, but found the SLK to be the best balance of practicality and fun. I love the way it corners while still eating bumps with the standard Mercedes THUD (this is my 3rd Mercedes). I think it has the best, most organic curves of the contemporary two seaters, plenty of power, firm but comfortable seats, and enough room for two weekend bags. My only gripe - and it's a big one - is the rattles and squeaks. I drove 3 SLKs and they all produced noises over bumps. I think it's a side effect of the hard top.

I LOVE this car!
By vinochickie on 09/15/09 16:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car because I had always wanted a convertible. What a great first convertible experience! This car turns heads everywhere I go. The pick-up is great! The fuel economy listed is less than the 25mpg I've been averaging. It handles really well no matter where you may be. Great for sharp turns or straight roads.

Nice convertible
By J. Michael on 08/10/09 20:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We purchased this as a 3rd car, primarily for weekend use, but I find myself driving it evenings also, just tooling around. It's a blast, drives great, turns heads with the top up or down (and especially when it is being retracted). Solid engine, perfect "rumble," seats are comfortable, great stereo, nice handling, etc. It is a great-looking car, and a lot of fun!

Perfection
By Jim on 08/09/09 11:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I really love this car. I also own a 2004 SLK 230. All the issues I hated about the SLK 230 have been fixed with this new generation. Car does not hunt the road on rutted highways anymore, smoother ride. This car will get 27 mpg if you behave yourself. I can't say more about how much I love this one. This is my fourth MB and so far it is the best one.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.