2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Review: SLK350 is my perfect car

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Review

SLK350 Convertible (3.5L V6 6-speed Manual)

SLK350 is my perfect car
By Lauren on

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After dreaming for years about owning a Porsche Boxster, I had not considered or drove any other sports car because the rest, you know which ones I'm talking about came with too much stigma attached, not to mention their ridiculous price tags. The older SLK models always looked more like "toy" cars than real automobiles so I smiled but never bothered. On a chance visit to a local MBZ dealer I was offered to test drive the SLK350 and found that was the car for me. My search began in earnest when I narrowed it down to the Launch Edition for its standard features and exclusivity. It's gorgeous, comfortable and solid. I haven't regretted buying my SLK350 for a minute and hope to keep it forever.

Automatic transmission with Tiptronic (manual shifting can be sometimes distracting with a cell phone), air scarf w/heated seats, hardtop retractable roof, sport suspension, AMG styling of the Launch Edition, auto dimming interior lights, rain sensing wipers, clear plastic wind deflector (extra).

With the top down, it's difficult to see the radio display - glad did not invest extra in the navigation system. A plastic wind deflector should be standard feature as the mesh is pretty useless. Also, extra room in the front for us girls to place our purse, be it behind the seats or on the side.