SLK-55
By Perry on
2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Roadster (5.4L 8cyl 7A)
This is a really fun car to drive. The first day I got it I could not stop flooring the accelerator. I would take this car over a SL-500 any day, maybe even a SL-55. The handling is impeccable. It's seen every time you take a turn, you're tempted to kick the rear out a little bit. I dont like the fact that its not a True 5.5 liter engine. It's a 5.4 liter. However, I do love the brakes. When doing all this speeding, it's a must to have good brakes. The interior is superb. If you ever sat in an AMG sport seat you would know how great that feel is.
Favorite Features
Illuminated Door sills (Option). The Navigation is Tweaked a little from the older model (Option). And in my opinion its a lot better. 355-Hp and 376 ft-lb of tourque in a Car that is only 3,397lbs. Harman/Kardon sound system. Auto-leveling headlights. 0-to-60 in 4.7 Seconds. Small car, lot of room!
Suggested Improvements
The only thing that comes to mind is. the cup holders. There a little too small. You really can't fit anything in them. And Mercedes really should have made this car in a 6-speed manual. That would take the edge off from people contemplating about it being too girly of a car. I-Pod Ready like the BMW.