2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Review: Bang On!

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Review

SLK350 Convertible (3.5L V6 6-speed Manual)

Bang On!
By tivoli1976 on

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

7 day owner. Top up looks great, better down. Few think it's a drop top until you show them. Several have guessed it must have cost over 80K. Snicker. Power, Handling, Status, Comfort (I am 6'2" 225). I tested a Porsche Box, Audi S4, and BMW 330. They just do not stack up against SLK 350. Interior is par excellance. I live in flat Florida and find myself frequently going out of the way to find curves on back roads. Radar Detector should come as standard equipment. In sum, I am a discerning consumer. The desingers found a way to touch the human senses on many levels. Many fellow drivers must feel the same was as I have noticed several jaws drops. Go Mercedes!

Slight lag in 7 speed auto finding the right passing gear. Gives excuse to use shifter and own the power curve. Meditating for 16 seconds while the top goes down or up. Exhaust note which confuses and befuddles people as I pass them.

Nothing. If I want more I will get a SLK 55. This is not a car to buy for cup holders or cargo space. Who needs that when everything else just feels so right? Ok, one issue: It's too sexy, more women are checking out my car than me. It never was that way in my old 350Z.