Awesome Hot Rod
By Andy S Lam on
2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)
I picked up my new SLK 350 recently. The car is a huge improvement over its predecessor, often perceived as a girl's car. No guy will be ashamed to be seen sitting behind the '05 SLK. I test drove both the manual and automatic transmission. One car reviewer said no one will regret getting the stick shift, and I agree 100%. It is so much more fun to move the gears yourself, and you will save over $1000 at it since the 7 speed gear box is an option. The car has terrific acceleration, and it hugs the road so well, you wouldn't be afraid to navigate those winding turns at a fast speed. I recommend the zenon HID lights. It's gorgeous in the dark, and worth every penny. Standard sound system is also superb.
Favorite Features
The retractable metal hard top is an outstanding feature. Changes from a coupe to a convertible in 20 secs. The exterior design is georgeous; looks like the Mclaren SLR at 1/10 the price. The cockpit is also lovely, especially in the dark. The basic sound system is good enough, no need for upgrade.
Suggested Improvements
Manual seats are standard. If there are 2 drivers, highly suggest paying extra for power seats with memory feature. It's a pain to adjust seats constantly. 6-pack CD player should be standard. The trunk lid on the inside should be lined. Bare metal skeleton makes the car look a little cheap.