2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Review: A great new model worth every

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Review

A great new model worth every penny
By Randy H on

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Although I have only had the car for two months, it is a fantastic sports car. Although my previous car, the BMW M Roadster (which I loved) may have had a little more power, this car is better built, (finally no squeaks) has more great features and is an all around great ride. I loved my M but this is an incredible car, and the standard 6 speed is the best. It turns heads everywhere I go due to the great new design, and blows away most other cars on the highway. This is truly the best new car on the road, and Mercedes has hit a home run. It's not the Barbie doll car anymore.

I really like the retractable hard top and no more plastic rear window. The top is fast and a gives a very quiet drive when up. I also love the power seats that automatically move back to allow you to get out of the car. The upgraded stereo system is fantastic.

The double cup holder is in the worst location I have ever seen. Hit a bump and my coffee is all over my radio screen and running down my air vents. I don't think they thought this out at all. Since it is right in front of the air vents, it does stay hot when the heat is on. Was that intentional??