2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
Great Ride
By Ron on 12/26/04 20:32 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great car looks sporty and is! Cant wait until summer.

My SLK 350 stinks!
By Billy on 12/25/04 14:00 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've purchased this new SLK 350 long before any other dealers has it in stock. The car was a lot smaller than I expected. The engine has not enough power unlike the S class.. It feels more like a Chrysler crossfire than a Mercedes! in 2 months I had to take it back to dealer 6 times to replace parts. Worst quality luxury car ever!

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK350 - Pros and Cons of Old vs. New
By chris on 12/18/04 16:58 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I previously owned a 2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK230. My new 2005 SLK350 is a great improvement in many ways, mostly due to the design improvements. The exterior is much more sleek, though I'm not crazy about the back end of the car. The car is wider, and a taller person can fit in it more easily now. The cheesiness of the interior has been eradicated. The interior looks much more elegant. The unfortunates are the seats and the stereo. I don't feel the seats are as comfortable as the earlier model, and I think the stereo has a lower quality sound. However, the pros far outweigh the cons, and after having this car for nearly two months, I like it much better than my old version.

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK350 - A Powerful Ride
By Raj3 on 12/18/04 16:21 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The Mercedes-Benz SLK350 is quite an improvement over the SLK230! This car has power to spare, rides tight to the road and acceleration over the entire rpm range. I've tested the Z3 and Z4 and there is no comparison. It is as fine a car as the SL500 and at half the cost. Mercedes has a winner in the new 350 engine.

SUPER CAR
By HIPONA on 12/10/04 05:13 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is A true sports car,I got the SLK 350 up to highway speeds so quickly,I'd only gone through A couple of the six manual gear,I could have easily kept going,IT Just didn't feel as if the car was traveling that fast.

My little peice of HEAVEN!
By Cloud9 on 12/02/04 05:30 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great reviews except for the gas mileage you get and with gas prices sky rocketing thats the only complaint we have on the car. We had the lighting package added and love the brightness of the headlights you get with the Xenon but still trying to figure out the cornering lights. I guess its kinda strange to see a little light come on and then go off after a turn. Just hope that they dont burn out quickly. Love the neck scarf even with the top up so I'm sure its going to work wonders with the top down since the bay area doesn't get that awsome down south sun. The Navigation is going to take some time to work out since I'm so use to the touch screen I guess I will have to thumb around.

This is true sports car
By HIPONAJOHNSON on 11/27/04 17:04 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the first new design of 2005 SLK 350 MB the first week of october.This is A true sports car,I discovered I'd only gone through A couple of the six manual gear.I could how easily kept going,it just didn't feel as if the car was taveling that fast.I'm surprise how powerful and fun to drive this car.

SLK 350
By genr8tionx on 11/11/04 14:47 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Phenomenal car to both drive and look at! Great combination of high- performance sports car and luxury vehicle. Super fast!

SLK350WRM
By bmurph on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Outstanding quality, performance and just a lot of fun to drive. High value for the money.

Mercedes got it right !
By mbslk350 on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I also own an SLK320, and the SLK350 is light years ahead of the 320. The engine is smooth and the power comes early and just keeps on coming. Passing power is awesome. The interior features make this look like a mini-SL for $40K less. The car is a blast to drive and the airscarf extends top-down driving well into the Autumn.