2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
SLK-55
By Perry on 02/14/05 13:37 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Roadster (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

This is a really fun car to drive. The first day I got it I could not stop flooring the accelerator. I would take this car over a SL-500 any day, maybe even a SL-55. The handling is impeccable. It's seen every time you take a turn, you're tempted to kick the rear out a little bit. I dont like the fact that its not a True 5.5 liter engine. It's a 5.4 liter. However, I do love the brakes. When doing all this speeding, it's a must to have good brakes. The interior is superb. If you ever sat in an AMG sport seat you would know how great that feel is.

Excellent AMG
By AMG nut on 02/13/05 21:16 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Roadster (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

Test drove 2005 Vette - no comparision. Benz is much better build and trim level. Great exhaust note. Cannot compare SLK 350 to 55, have driven both. Not one complaint about this car. Best car I ever owned. Paid $ 1,000 over MSRP & waited 8 weeks for car. I would do it in a heartbeat all over again. Fuel Economy scored 9, but is what you expect from 355+ hp, AMG is thirsty.

Now, they got it right!
By Ray on 02/12/05 21:45 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Mercedes finally made over the SLK into a true sports car. Great pickup power, smooth new 7 speed automatic overpowers the stick! More roomy than the former design. Exterior looks are outstanding. Picked mine up in Europe and loved its performance on the Autobahn. SL fans, try this one for size and pocket $40,000!

A great new model worth every penny
By Randy H on 02/11/05 23:36 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Although I have only had the car for two months, it is a fantastic sports car. Although my previous car, the BMW M Roadster (which I loved) may have had a little more power, this car is better built, (finally no squeaks) has more great features and is an all around great ride. I loved my M but this is an incredible car, and the standard 6 speed is the best. It turns heads everywhere I go due to the great new design, and blows away most other cars on the highway. This is truly the best new car on the road, and Mercedes has hit a home run. It's not the Barbie doll car anymore.

My Dream Car
By GARY LEVINE on 02/08/05 20:14 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Since I was a teenager working at a local Mercedes dealer in NY, I promised myself that one day I would walk in and buy one. Well my dream became reality a few weeks ago when I took delivery of my new 350SLK. It is visually stunning and more fun to drive then any car I have ever owned. The rush of the wind with the top down and the Florida sun shining down is fantastic.

Sweet
By cn on 02/05/05 21:50 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I owned a 2003 320 SLK for the past few years. A great car, but the 350 SLK is light years ahead of it. Less side torsion for one. Handling is without question better..big upgrade. Instrumentation is spectactular by comparison. Similar in layout, but the it's like going from old school to the real deal. I wouldn't trash the 2003..it was beautiful...but this turns heads like you cannot believe...almost embarassing.

Comfort+speed=FUN
By dsbdo on 02/04/05 08:41 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The SLK 350 combines a great daily driver with sufficient sport qualities and comfort to make the ride to work (70 mi. ) a pleasure. It has more than adequate power to cruise ahead of the pack and luxurious enough to prevent fatigue on long trips. With the top up it's as solid as any other Benz, top down - who cares about being anywhere else, in anything else. Gas mileage has averaged 23.

Best car I have ever owned!
By Marianne on 01/29/05 15:01 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a blast to drive. The handling is outstanding and gives the phrase "hugs the road" new meaning. The wind shield and air scarf allow you to drive with the top down when most others cannot.

My Bonus
By My Bonus on 01/27/05 12:37 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Just drove home my new AWESOME SLK. I love the look of the car, especially the front! The hardtop glides back so gracefully. My black leather interior looks great with the silver/chrome color dash, very high tech! The 7 speed is fun to drive and a great option, excellant power (more fun than my CLK). The heating package with the airscarf is a must, especially when you are zooming around with the top down. A great value for the money and LOOKS AWESOME!

A fun car to drive
By Mark on 01/19/05 19:58 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a sporty upscale convertible which with the hardtop up acts like a sedan. Never short on power, it handles like a true sports car. Cargo space slim with top down but can accommodate a couple of small suit cases with the top up.