Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-benz Slk-class - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:

Janet's review
By Janet

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is wonderful. The car is really fun to drive and handles great.The power of the car is such fun.I get so many compliments when I drive the car. I have the launch edition.

Favorite Features

The exterior style

Suggested Improvements

Ground effects could be a bit higher off the ground because you have to be very careful going over bumps or high drives.

My Favorite Car of All Time!
By KayL

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After 7 years driving my beloved Honda Del Sol, I had to think about buying a new car. I researched for approximately a year and decided on the 350 SLK. I bought this car in 05/05 and have enjoyed it so very much. It's fun to drive, looks great, handles really well, and has a lot more power than the Del Sol (of course!). A friend asked me if I missed my Del Sol (that everyone knew I absolutely loved -- to the extent I wouldn't let anyone even drive it) -- and you know, I don't! It's much more quiet (from road noise) than any other roadster out there and has a lot more style and class. M-B and the dealer give special attention to everything and to the customer. A nice extra!

Favorite Features

I wanted a roadster with power, all the bells and whistles and most importantly, without the road noise. This hardtop convertible is just that. Super power, fun to drive, has more things than I know what to do with and handling. It's great! I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holders are misplaced & flimsy, and the CD changer could be put in the trunk.

Thrilling Performance
By Jeri

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I had to wait 3 months for my SLK 350 to arrive from Germany but it was well worth the wait. The SLK350 is quite a ride and has enough power to get you where you want to go. The interior is well appointed and the air scarf in the seats is great. New music sound system is totally awesome! This is my third Mercedez and I have not been disppointed. The ease and handling of the SLK350 is smooth. MBZ has a real winner with this new body style which is a real head-turner. Can't go wrong with this SLK and even though it is somewhat pricey, it is well worth the investment

Favorite Features

Sound system, entertainment center, and air scarf.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder. The cup holder is situated in an awkward position above the entertainment consol and slanting forward. Spilled drinks will pour down the front of the entertainment console.

Nice Drive
By Sherm

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I agree with Edmunds on the pros, but not the cons. You are getting much more car for the price than its peers and I find the blind spot negligible. I test drove the Lotus Elise and Boxter S. Both have slightly tighter suspensions. The Elise handling was amazing. The Boxter has a horrible blind spot and the SLK interior is far superior to either, especially the Elise. The engine is spectacular, very smooth and great torque even at low RPM. When I combined interior comfort, styling and the retractable hardtop, there was no question which car to buy. So far I haven't been let down. The SLK is a blast to drive, the air scarf is fantastic. Only regret, I didn't get the rain sensor wipers.

Favorite Features

Retractable hardtop takes just 20 secs either way. The airscarf along with the heated seats extends top down driveability significantly in northern climates. I love the exterior styling, big improvement, and the engine is a gem.

Suggested Improvements

Rain delay sensor should be standard. Without it there is just one delay setting. I don't think I would sacrifice the smooth ride for tighter suspension and handling. For my driving style it there wasn't a big enough difference between the Boxter or Elise.

SLK 350
By sjordan

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

So much fun to drive. It's fast, responsive, and a joy on country roads. There are some blind spots you have to be careful of, and the seat isn't the best fit for my 5'2" height, but they are a small price to pay for the fun!

Favorite Features

The retractable hard top-hands down. I would not have purchased a soft-top convertible.

Suggested Improvements

Lumbar support for the seat.