2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
A great new model worth every penny
By Randy H on 02/11/05 23:36 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Although I have only had the car for two months, it is a fantastic sports car. Although my previous car, the BMW M Roadster (which I loved) may have had a little more power, this car is better built, (finally no squeaks) has more great features and is an all around great ride. I loved my M but this is an incredible car, and the standard 6 speed is the best. It turns heads everywhere I go due to the great new design, and blows away most other cars on the highway. This is truly the best new car on the road, and Mercedes has hit a home run. It's not the Barbie doll car anymore.

My Dream Car
By GARY LEVINE on 02/08/05 20:14 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Since I was a teenager working at a local Mercedes dealer in NY, I promised myself that one day I would walk in and buy one. Well my dream became reality a few weeks ago when I took delivery of my new 350SLK. It is visually stunning and more fun to drive then any car I have ever owned. The rush of the wind with the top down and the Florida sun shining down is fantastic.

Sweet
By cn on 02/05/05 21:50 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I owned a 2003 320 SLK for the past few years. A great car, but the 350 SLK is light years ahead of it. Less side torsion for one. Handling is without question better..big upgrade. Instrumentation is spectactular by comparison. Similar in layout, but the it's like going from old school to the real deal. I wouldn't trash the 2003..it was beautiful...but this turns heads like you cannot believe...almost embarassing.

Comfort+speed=FUN
By dsbdo on 02/04/05 08:41 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The SLK 350 combines a great daily driver with sufficient sport qualities and comfort to make the ride to work (70 mi. ) a pleasure. It has more than adequate power to cruise ahead of the pack and luxurious enough to prevent fatigue on long trips. With the top up it's as solid as any other Benz, top down - who cares about being anywhere else, in anything else. Gas mileage has averaged 23.

Best car I have ever owned!
By Marianne on 01/29/05 15:01 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a blast to drive. The handling is outstanding and gives the phrase "hugs the road" new meaning. The wind shield and air scarf allow you to drive with the top down when most others cannot.

My Bonus
By My Bonus on 01/27/05 12:37 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Just drove home my new AWESOME SLK. I love the look of the car, especially the front! The hardtop glides back so gracefully. My black leather interior looks great with the silver/chrome color dash, very high tech! The 7 speed is fun to drive and a great option, excellant power (more fun than my CLK). The heating package with the airscarf is a must, especially when you are zooming around with the top down. A great value for the money and LOOKS AWESOME!

A fun car to drive
By Mark on 01/19/05 19:58 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a sporty upscale convertible which with the hardtop up acts like a sedan. Never short on power, it handles like a true sports car. Cargo space slim with top down but can accommodate a couple of small suit cases with the top up.

I thought my SLK230 was sweet!
By genx on 01/07/05 00:36 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

More sleek and aerodynamic than previous model. Much faster acceleration from stop; incredible interior dash/seat design; superior Harmon Kardon stereo system;light & premium stereo package well worth the money. Turns a lot of heads everywhere I go.

Art on wheels !
By Roadking on 01/06/05 16:53 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Merecedes has taken an "ok" model and really spruced it up. The look is super, engine is amazing and interior classy. The design changes are stunning and they have really come up with a sports car. The SLK is one of the best designs of any sports car and the performance is equally top notch. The attention to detail, standard for MBZ, has been great in the re-design of this model.

SLK Hottie!
By Invior8ed on 01/01/05 22:05 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

We are returning owners of MBZ. We just love the models after the new body design change. And this one has no doubt been an eye catcher! The redesigned size of the car is much better. My husband is 6' and fits comfortably.