Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-benz Slk-class - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:

The Benz your father never owned
By Gregory Coyle

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After looking around the country for the perfect SLK 350, I found it in Lincoln, Nebraska and flew there on 11/4/05 to purchase the car and drive it back to Dallas. It was by far, the most enjoyable eleven hour drive I have ever made in any car. The handling was superior to anything I have ever driven; the amenities provide you with not only a sense of safety but comfort and entertainment as well. The superior styling of the automobile was evident by the number of people on the highway that waived or gave me the "Thumbs Up." MB has come along way in the last 20 years in its use of advanced technology that provides the comfort and safty the American public demands. Just test it!

Favorite Features

Body styling, quick acceleration and the comfort of the roomy interior. AMG designs great wheels!

Suggested Improvements

The front end of the automobile is only 6 inches off the ground in my sporty model. A couple times I have heard the front undercarrige of the nose "scrape" the pavement in instances where the road is rough.

Excellent
By gerry

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The other choices were a Boxtser, or a 911. The Boxster was a pretty rough on the freeway (due to the poor state of the local freeways). The 911 was a much, much better car. Glorious to drive. But, it comes with the stigma of driving a 911. On the road, the SLK has more than enough performance. The additional power of the 911 wouldn't be something I could use often. The SLK definitely is a car that people like, and don't associate with obnoxious drivers - I've had numerous compliments from pedestrians, and other drivers. I'd definitely make the same choice. Its one of those cars that you will drive just for the sake of it and always be looking for excuses to drive.

Favorite Features

Performance, exterior and interior styling, hard roof, power seats and steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

The base radio is ok, not great, when the roof is down and there is freeway noise. The IR remote roof opening system is pretty pointless - you have to be standing right at the door before it works (I never use it).

Dream Car
By Sheila

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is the funnest vehicle I have ever driven. I love the way it takes curves on the highway and responds at the slightest touch on the accelerator. It has more trunk space than I expected in a roadster. It is also a "head turner"!!! I get compliments on it every where I go!!!!

Favorite Features

Retractable Top, Memory seats, Navigation/Stereo system and Air Scarf.

Suggested Improvements

Doors that open wider to make entry and exit easier.

Retirement Present
By greasykid1

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

My wife's car and she loves it. Gives her the visibility she needs & loves the GO power. Surprisingly good gas mileage. She doesn't like the wheels so we are going to get rid of them.

Favorite Features

Retractiable top and go power.

Suggested Improvements

Take the CD changer out of the glovebox & put it in the trunk where it belongs.

Janet's review
By Janet

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is wonderful. The car is really fun to drive and handles great.The power of the car is such fun.I get so many compliments when I drive the car. I have the launch edition.

Favorite Features

The exterior style

Suggested Improvements

Ground effects could be a bit higher off the ground because you have to be very careful going over bumps or high drives.