2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
Heaven on Wheels
By Linda Correa on 05/28/05 23:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned my SLK 350 for 2 months now and I LOVE IT. It not only has excellent performance, but it also handles the road beautifully. The new body style is appealing, and life doesn't get much better than driving "topless" in the summer heat, by the lake, and taking it all in. I highly recommend the Mercedes SLK 350.

SLK55 AMG
By Vince34 on 05/28/05 18:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Roadster (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

With a V8 and the styling of the $450,000 SLR, this little car is a blast. It is much more user friendly than last years SLK32 AMG and almost as fast. Everybody loves the car's sleek looks and impressive performance.

Fun two seater
By SteveO on 05/27/05 10:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is the most fun of any that I have owned. Unlike the 2004 version (which I did not buy) I can actually fit comfortably driving this model (and I am 6'1"). My only small complaint is that the legroom in the passenger seat is not as great as in the driver's seat. Still, it is a hoot to drive, top up or top down. It has excellent responsiveness, and is plenty fast with the basic six cylinder. I would get it again in a heartbeat.

Rush! Like no other.
By Skip Horne on 05/20/05 11:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Awesome ride. I took the car on a 900 mile trip (Avg. 25.6 mpg on highway w/ avg. speed of 68mph allowing for pit stops) and was concerned before I left it might be uncomfortable for that long a ride, but at 6'2" I felt totally at ease. It has the horsepower to get out of the way and handling you would expect from a roadster. Top speed electronically limited to 155mph.

Love It!
By Vic on 05/14/05 00:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have the limited edition for Breast Cancer - it was the right color, had the features I wanted and a donation to Breast Cancer is a bonus! Love the performance of the car, love the look, and I'm even amazed at the size of the trunk. I'm getting about 20mpg around town and around 30mpg on long trips (all that with the way *I* drive!) The suspension is excellent. This car takes corners like you wouldn't believe. Only minor negatives are related to the additional spoilers on the front. They look great, but it's VERY easy to bump them on inclined driveways. Also, first gear (manual shift, 6 gears) is VERY low.. good for starting on slopes, otherwise pretty much useless.

New 350 SLK with 7 sp automatic
By Matt on 05/11/05 10:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Mercedes car and I have been very pleased so far. The seven speed automatic is a very good feature and allows you to pick the best gear for any situation. The sport mode allows the driver to go close to red line and shifts faster than any manual.

SLK55 AMG
By Kyle on 04/28/05 11:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Roadster (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

I have throughly enjoyed my driving experience so far. It hugs the road and actually feels like a "real" sports car. I am not a Mercedes fan but this car won me over. I actually chose it over several other cars with much higher price tags. My one complaint is the awkward placement of the cup holders. Other than that, get the factory installed radar dectector, you're going to need it.

Perfect
By JEsch on 04/23/05 21:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

More fun, sportier, firmer and better interior design than the pre-2005 SLKs. The convertible hardtop remains the best feature and the heated "windscarf" is not just a new gadget. It's heaven on a chilly drive.

All new experience
By NE-Driver on 04/06/05 11:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I traded the "old" version SLK in for a new 2005. It's a night and day difference. Acceleration is more than sufficient, the ride is smoother, the electronic additions are welcome, the look is current,... Definetly worth consideration even if you live in snow country - just don't try to drive it in the snow!

350 SLK Major Upgrade
By Arizona on 04/01/05 18:04 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Mercedes has scored a major hit with this upgrade to the SLK model. The styling is super sleek, especially the McLaren influenced nose. The interior is roomier than its predecessor and exudes a more luxurious,quiet and solid "Mercedes" like feel. Driving is a real pleasure with lots of torque and crisp acceleration helped out by the 7 speed automatic/"tiptronic" capable transmission. It can scoot to 60mph in times close to that of the 500SL. I traded a much loved 350Z to get this car and its convertible hardtop, and in spite of its much higher price point, I believe it delivers more complete satisfaction.