2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
The Benz your father never owned
By Gregory Coyle on 11/22/05 12:29 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After looking around the country for the perfect SLK 350, I found it in Lincoln, Nebraska and flew there on 11/4/05 to purchase the car and drive it back to Dallas. It was by far, the most enjoyable eleven hour drive I have ever made in any car. The handling was superior to anything I have ever driven; the amenities provide you with not only a sense of safety but comfort and entertainment as well. The superior styling of the automobile was evident by the number of people on the highway that waived or gave me the "Thumbs Up." MB has come along way in the last 20 years in its use of advanced technology that provides the comfort and safty the American public demands. Just test it!

Excellent
By gerry on 11/05/05 23:29 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The other choices were a Boxtser, or a 911. The Boxster was a pretty rough on the freeway (due to the poor state of the local freeways). The 911 was a much, much better car. Glorious to drive. But, it comes with the stigma of driving a 911. On the road, the SLK has more than enough performance. The additional power of the 911 wouldn't be something I could use often. The SLK definitely is a car that people like, and don't associate with obnoxious drivers - I've had numerous compliments from pedestrians, and other drivers. I'd definitely make the same choice. Its one of those cars that you will drive just for the sake of it and always be looking for excuses to drive.

Dream Car
By Sheila on 11/05/05 12:27 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is the funnest vehicle I have ever driven. I love the way it takes curves on the highway and responds at the slightest touch on the accelerator. It has more trunk space than I expected in a roadster. It is also a "head turner"!!! I get compliments on it every where I go!!!!

Retirement Present
By greasykid1 on 09/16/05 14:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

My wife's car and she loves it. Gives her the visibility she needs & loves the GO power. Surprisingly good gas mileage. She doesn't like the wheels so we are going to get rid of them.

Janet's review
By Janet on 07/31/05 19:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is wonderful. The car is really fun to drive and handles great.The power of the car is such fun.I get so many compliments when I drive the car. I have the launch edition.

My Favorite Car of All Time!
By KayL on 07/30/05 17:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After 7 years driving my beloved Honda Del Sol, I had to think about buying a new car. I researched for approximately a year and decided on the 350 SLK. I bought this car in 05/05 and have enjoyed it so very much. It's fun to drive, looks great, handles really well, and has a lot more power than the Del Sol (of course!). A friend asked me if I missed my Del Sol (that everyone knew I absolutely loved -- to the extent I wouldn't let anyone even drive it) -- and you know, I don't! It's much more quiet (from road noise) than any other roadster out there and has a lot more style and class. M-B and the dealer give special attention to everything and to the customer. A nice extra!

Thrilling Performance
By Jeri on 07/23/05 16:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I had to wait 3 months for my SLK 350 to arrive from Germany but it was well worth the wait. The SLK350 is quite a ride and has enough power to get you where you want to go. The interior is well appointed and the air scarf in the seats is great. New music sound system is totally awesome! This is my third Mercedez and I have not been disppointed. The ease and handling of the SLK350 is smooth. MBZ has a real winner with this new body style which is a real head-turner. Can't go wrong with this SLK and even though it is somewhat pricey, it is well worth the investment

Nice Drive
By Sherm on 07/16/05 14:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I agree with Edmunds on the pros, but not the cons. You are getting much more car for the price than its peers and I find the blind spot negligible. I test drove the Lotus Elise and Boxter S. Both have slightly tighter suspensions. The Elise handling was amazing. The Boxter has a horrible blind spot and the SLK interior is far superior to either, especially the Elise. The engine is spectacular, very smooth and great torque even at low RPM. When I combined interior comfort, styling and the retractable hardtop, there was no question which car to buy. So far I haven't been let down. The SLK is a blast to drive, the air scarf is fantastic. Only regret, I didn't get the rain sensor wipers.

Great Ride
By Vici on 07/10/05 10:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Roadster (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

This is truly a fun car to drive. Great aceleration and handling. Will receive a plethora of looks while driving, especially with the top down. Have not experience any problems in the first two months.

Great car
By Tom on 06/29/05 07:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Roadster (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned 3 Porsches, and a Jag XKR and this by far beats them all. When you consider price, styling, performance, and fun to drive I think this is the most balanced auto Mercedes- AMG makes.