2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
SLK350 is my perfect car
By Lauren on 04/09/06 18:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After dreaming for years about owning a Porsche Boxster, I had not considered or drove any other sports car because the rest, you know which ones I'm talking about came with too much stigma attached, not to mention their ridiculous price tags. The older SLK models always looked more like "toy" cars than real automobiles so I smiled but never bothered. On a chance visit to a local MBZ dealer I was offered to test drive the SLK350 and found that was the car for me. My search began in earnest when I narrowed it down to the Launch Edition for its standard features and exclusivity. It's gorgeous, comfortable and solid. I haven't regretted buying my SLK350 for a minute and hope to keep it forever.

Nice car, crummy company
By raddoc on 04/08/06 14:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

My SLK350 was trouble free until 1850 miles. Since then the check oil light has come on at least 4 times. Each time it required adding 1-2 quarts . The dealer denied a problem, but I eventually discovered that there are TSBs covering this issue- MB was not forthcoming in admitting a problem. The car is great fun to drive, but I have serious concerns about long- term ownership, reliability and resale value. Lease it, don't buy it.

SLK350 is a real delight
By Andrew on 03/23/06 12:20 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I now have 18,000 kilometers on my 2005 SLK350 and it is turning out to be everything it promised and remains problem-free despite the usual spirited driving. It's fully loaded. The only thing I had to do was lubricate the hardtop rubber at the points where it folds. Did this once, was very easy to do, and it got rid of the little squeaks that had developed in the dry weather. Have driven it all winter in Northern Ontario, Canada on a set of proper winter tires, and the automatic climate-control system is fully up to the demands of even the coldest weather up here. The SLK350 is a perfect all-season sports car, and has a great engine. I have never had to top up the oil.

Hardtop Roadster - The Only Way To Go
By Joe Carballosa on 03/07/06 08:38 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Besides being the most beautuful roadster on the market, the SLK is now a real sports car with the convenience of a retractable hard top. All car magazines praise the Boxter and ignore the SLK. I drove both and, although the Boxter does handle well, it lacks the low end torque and the hardtop of the SLK. Why buy a soft top convertible whan you can get a safe, quiet and more attractive hard top. It is like having 2 cars in one, a coupe AND a convertible! This is the way of the future. Plus the SLK is a blast to drive - especially with a six speed manual transmission. It goes like a rocket anywhere in the rev range because it provides all of its 250+ pond feet of torque from 2,200 RPM on.

Funnest Car on the Planet
By Lisa Mc on 02/07/06 17:08 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Roadster (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

With the torque, the hp, the 7-speed automatic and the size, the car zips thru traffic like butter. Nothing else on the road like it. And when you're going 80 and press on the pedal? Torque is no different. Someone following me on the fwy watching me accelerate, even from high speeds, said afterward, "I love watching your car take off!" The amazing thing is the smoothness combined with the speed. It makes it seem like you're watching magic. The definition of power

Yeah, it's worth it.
By Gary on 01/27/06 16:54 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

From the retractable hardtop to the James Bond/Batmobile design to the MB star in the nose, the SLK 350 is just an all-around jaw-dropper.

Love It!!
By Grace on 01/25/06 16:04 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a fun little car. The only downfall is the engine/road noise while driving. Too, I wish it had a little more storage space in the interior. Perhaps a "small" back seat area.

SLK
By MJ on 01/12/06 22:54 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I really love the car design, handling and performance. It's pretty quick and absolutely fun to drive.

Best Car she ever drove
By Karen Wagner on 12/28/05 15:03 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

No reason to return to dealership since we purchased. Super car for fun to drive and wife loves the 6 speed transmission. Feels that a real sports car like this new model should have the manual transmission. The "Scarf Heating"makes the driving expierence in fall and early spring in PA exceptional.

Excellent Automobile
By TA on 12/20/05 23:01 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have to stop and breathe every time I drive my SLK 350. This is a top of the line luxury sports car. I have been stopped and complemented by complete strangers. The drive in itself is exhilarating (excellent handling). I have not and probably will not reach maximum speed; but just knowing the capability of the SLK 350 makes you feel confident.