2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Review: 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK350 - Pr

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Review

SLK350 Convertible (3.5L V6 6-speed Manual)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK350 - Pros and Cons of Old vs. New
By chris on

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I previously owned a 2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK230. My new 2005 SLK350 is a great improvement in many ways, mostly due to the design improvements. The exterior is much more sleek, though I'm not crazy about the back end of the car. The car is wider, and a taller person can fit in it more easily now. The cheesiness of the interior has been eradicated. The interior looks much more elegant. The unfortunates are the seats and the stereo. I don't feel the seats are as comfortable as the earlier model, and I think the stereo has a lower quality sound. However, the pros far outweigh the cons, and after having this car for nearly two months, I like it much better than my old version.

1. exterior styling 2. faster retractable hardtop 3. larger trunk 4. much improved interior style 5. 7 speed automatic transmission 6. the ability to alter the position of the sun visors to the windows 7. the base wheels are very nice

1. the seats are far less comfortable than the older version 2. a better stereo speaker system (I have the best stereo package available) 3. the trunk was a lie that you could fit two golf bags in it. you can, but it is even more difficult than before, and requires smaller golf bags.