Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:

SLK55AMG
By Michael Radcliffe

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Roadster (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

When I was looking at cars I knew I wanted a convertible. While the cost and performance of the Corvette was interesting, you see a boat-load of Corvettes on the road and I wanted something a little different. It finally came down to a choice between the Lexus SC430 (great company/smooth quiet reliable car and also a hard-top convertable) vs. the SLK 55 AMG. If I had chosen using my head, I would have gone with the Lexus. The SLK had the performance and looks, but questionable reliability. My heart won the battle. So far I have not been disappointed.

#1 - The Engine!!! I let a friend drive it the other day, and he said "I have not felt acceleration like that since the last time I took off in an F- 16. #2 - The hard top convertible. Very nice!

Backing up into a parking spot is a challenge as low as you sit in the car and due to the door height. Mirrors that automatically tilted down would be nice.

My dream car!!
By D and B

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Roadster (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

We are fighting over who gets to drive this car every day. I think we are going to have to buy another one. We truly love this car. It's the best of both worlds, a sports car with luxury and class. It gets more looks driving down the road than our Corvette. You owe it to yourself to drive one if you are even considering a roadster.

Headlights, airscarf, retractable top is so nice, the ability to shift manually on an automatic transmission is fun & over all appearance and feel of car.

Trunk should lock and I would really like to be able to shut off the passenger airbag so my dog could ride in the front seat. There is a car seat for kids...but what about for puppies?

Fun Roadster
By Cm

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great looking car with the new exterior design. Some angles reflect an SL look. Interior is superb, and it is easy to see and adjust all components. Outstanding quality and performance is on the mark.

6'3" and plenty of leg and head room even with the roof closed.

Key access to trunk and a lockable box in the cockpit.

2005 SLK--True Driver's Car
By Robert Lasky

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Have had car for a little over a month with no problems whatsoever. Great fun to drive with easy to use top. I live in Maine. Air scarf is a great feature which allows for top down driving even when temperatures are the the 50's. Cup holders are useless and there is not a lot of storage space or trunk space. Buy this car for its looks and because it is fun to drive, not because it is pratical, which it isn't.

Air scarf (heated vent in top of each seat) and very easy to use comvertable hard top.

Useful cup holders. More storage space would be nice, but probably not possible without significant design changes.

I'm in love!
By MAllen

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The 350SLK is an absolute dream from the retractable roof, speed when you need it, a quiet ride, unbelievable sound system, and solid handling. And it's beautiful to look at. It could use more lockable space and the cup holders are in a strange spot, but all other amenities more than make up for the inconvenience.

Retractable hard top and sound system.

More lockable cargo space, a place for a garage door opener, and a better spot for cup holders.