2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG - Consumer Reviews

SLK55 AMG 5.4L V8 7-speed Automatic - (15 reviews )
Topless Performer
By V of CS on 06/02/07 16:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG SLK55 AMG 2dr Roadster (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

This car offers outstanding performance with great looks. It can serve as your Summer car - top down, 0- 60 sprints in 4.8 seconds - or daily driver averaging 20-22 MPG. The sport seats and interior are superb. The AMG exterior styling is masculine but not over the top. Fuel economy is an "8" when compared against other V8 automobiles in this performance range - you want 30 MPG buy a Civic. Options: Iridium Silver, Premium 3 Package, Lighting package, Heating Package, Sadachiba multipiece wheels, illuminated door sills and clear front stone and chip guard.

Just Awesome!
By JP on 08/11/06 15:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG SLK55 AMG 2dr Roadster (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

I traded in my 2003 Audi TT for a SLK 55AMG with all possible options, which I chose to buy over a 2006 SLK 350. This car is incredibly fast. The roar of the engine is music to enthusiasts' ears. The cockpit although somewhat "enclosing", is comfortable, well designed, built with nice materials, and complements the sport look of the exterior. The audio system is a blast. The air scarf, although unpractical for Florida, is very different amenity to have in your car. The exterior attracts lots of attention on the road and while parked. I prefer the top up. Acceleration is a thrill, and gas mileage is not that bad for 8 cylinders.

Very Happy
By dbynum on 06/28/06 14:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG SLK55 AMG 2dr Roadster (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned C5& C6 Corvettes (in Europe). SLK55 is on par with them in performance. I selected the Corvette in Europe over the SLK because SLKs are limited to 155/176mph. On the Autoban performance in the left lane is the name of the game. Stateside the SLK retractable hard top is a plus to the SLR styling.

Funnest Car on the Planet
By Lisa Mc on 02/07/06 17:08 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG SLK55 AMG 2dr Roadster (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

With the torque, the hp, the 7-speed automatic and the size, the car zips thru traffic like butter. Nothing else on the road like it. And when you're going 80 and press on the pedal? Torque is no different. Someone following me on the fwy watching me accelerate, even from high speeds, said afterward, "I love watching your car take off!" The amazing thing is the smoothness combined with the speed. It makes it seem like you're watching magic. The definition of power

Great Ride
By Vici on 07/10/05 10:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG SLK55 AMG 2dr Roadster (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

This is truly a fun car to drive. Great aceleration and handling. Will receive a plethora of looks while driving, especially with the top down. Have not experience any problems in the first two months.

Great car
By Tom on 06/29/05 07:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG SLK55 AMG 2dr Roadster (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned 3 Porsches, and a Jag XKR and this by far beats them all. When you consider price, styling, performance, and fun to drive I think this is the most balanced auto Mercedes- AMG makes.

SLK55AMG
By Michael Radcliffe on 06/09/05 09:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG SLK55 AMG 2dr Roadster (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

When I was looking at cars I knew I wanted a convertible. While the cost and performance of the Corvette was interesting, you see a boat-load of Corvettes on the road and I wanted something a little different. It finally came down to a choice between the Lexus SC430 (great company/smooth quiet reliable car and also a hard-top convertable) vs. the SLK 55 AMG. If I had chosen using my head, I would have gone with the Lexus. The SLK had the performance and looks, but questionable reliability. My heart won the battle. So far I have not been disappointed.

My dream car!!
By D and B on 06/03/05 15:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG SLK55 AMG 2dr Roadster (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

We are fighting over who gets to drive this car every day. I think we are going to have to buy another one. We truly love this car. It's the best of both worlds, a sports car with luxury and class. It gets more looks driving down the road than our Corvette. You owe it to yourself to drive one if you are even considering a roadster.

SLK55 AMG
By Vince34 on 05/28/05 18:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG SLK55 AMG 2dr Roadster (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

With a V8 and the styling of the $450,000 SLR, this little car is a blast. It is much more user friendly than last years SLK32 AMG and almost as fast. Everybody loves the car's sleek looks and impressive performance.

SLK55 AMG
By Kyle on 04/28/05 11:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG SLK55 AMG 2dr Roadster (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

I have throughly enjoyed my driving experience so far. It hugs the road and actually feels like a "real" sports car. I am not a Mercedes fan but this car won me over. I actually chose it over several other cars with much higher price tags. My one complaint is the awkward placement of the cup holders. Other than that, get the factory installed radar dectector, you're going to need it.