2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
Love Love Love It
By johonna on 12/05/13 11:12 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

By the title of my review, you should already know I absolutely love this car. I bought mine used with almost 100K miles for a song and it looks brand new. As many posters state, it does get a lot of attention which wasn't exactly my intention but every time people comment or give those looks I just chuckle because its actually the least expensive car I ever bought and not sure why everyone doesn't have one :) It is in excellent condition and have absolutely no concerns with its reliability. Also, despite others complaints about the trunk, I was able to put a set of golf clubs, beach chair, small suitcase in the trunk with the top down!

My First Car
By trickypeng2 on 01/01/13 10:09 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is for people who are ready for a sportscar and the convenience of the convertible. Maybe for a graduation present, or newly weds, this car doesn't come cheap. If you want the looks, you WILL, I guarantee to you, will get the looks from curious and jealous people you pass in the streets. The car is pretty fast of a 0-60 time in about 5.4 seconds, which is nothing to complain about. If you want to get this car for the luxury name of Mercedes-Benz, this isn't the best model to consider. However, on the bright side of the car, you will thoroughly enjoy the great handling and sports-car like exhaust and ambiance that you will greatly receive from this SLK. Not made for long road trips!!

Nice car but not an S2000
By tye.s2k on 12/14/09 05:58 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I own a HondaS2000 and refuse to trade that roadster for this one. I bought this 2005 with 11K but noticed the brakes aren't as smooth or crisp as my S2000. The driver side rear window doesn't raise perfectly and the rear tail light just went out. This v6 has tons of power but quite simply its a sports car, not a race car. The car is much to soft to reliably do the things I've done & can still do with my S2000 (105k). It is a nice car to cruise, and "look cute" in. So as long as you treat it like a delicate baby, I imagine the car will be fine. If you want 360 donuts, & drifting.. get an s2000! - trust me.

Road Trip
By Readie Eddie on 10/01/09 09:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Road trip from eastern Minnesota through the Black Hills Area, South Dakota in early September 2009.It was hard to get everything in we wanted to take but the ride and performance were great. Approximately 1300 interstate miles and 500 mountain hairpin curves. Overall mileage was over 27 MPG. A great trip till I tried to clean off the grasshoppers. They just won’t wash off. Front grill and nose of the car is slowly getting better but I have never seen anything so hard to get clean.

SLK 350 2005
By hoss on 04/15/09 15:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great/fun to drive ! Looked at alot of other cars ( as close to it's class as possible )! Make no mistake, you buy this car and you will love every time you get in it! Lot's of looks! Lots of other people look at you with total jealously, knowing their car is not worthy ! Enjoy !

The perfect Sports Car
By Richard on 11/13/08 16:01 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I am not sure what all these Z4 owners are posting here, but the Z4 feels like a toy in comparison to the SLK350. First, this car handles very well at high speed. The Z4 seems like is going to loose control. Second, the hardtop is a huge plus. It accelerates very well, in the mid 5 secs, and the engine sounds like a race car. I have had this car for almost 4 years with only one minor problem that was fixed during the first maintenance. It has been the best car I have ever had.

Wow, I love this car!
By Rob on 10/12/08 15:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned this Merc for approx. 6 months now and I am so pleased. It turns heads everywhere I go! It stands out from the crowd of other convertibles (Porsches and BMWs). It took me a year to find one with just about all the features I wanted (would have liked the wood accent int). This is not inexpensive to maintain ($75 to change the oil myself). Also, have a winter beater if you live in the North.

What a Rush!
By Jockeyjohnny on 10/08/08 08:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a mars red 2005 SLK 350 following my heart attack. What a joy to drive, with the 6-speed manual transmission bringing back memories of my youthful sports car days. I have owned it for a month and have not put the top up yet and I live in rainy Oregon. I just don't drive it in the rain. It is very fast and looks so elegant that it draws constant stares.

Nice body style, terrible engineering
By jones on 08/27/07 08:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This was my dream car when it came out. I immediately traded in my BMW Z4 for this SLK350 "donkey". It was the worst decision of my life. The car does draw attention, if that is what you are into. The car spent more time in the shop than on the road. Replaced a manual transmission at 34K and now needs another. The engine acts as if it does not get enough air and strains in the lower power curve. The car is a reliability nightmare and does not perform like it has 268 hp, closer to 200 hp. Mercedes has consistently failed to stand behind the car and has denied there are issues even when they have released multiple internal documents on its poor performance. Last MB I will ever own.

The perfect car
By Lon on 05/19/07 15:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I drove a few different convertibles, and was impressed with the folding hardtop (less unique than it used to be), heating system (airscarf), the performance, and great looks. I have had a good experience with the reliability of this car. I've driven 10,000 miles in 15 months, I have not experienced any problems. I have gotten as much as 28 mpg, though it's around 20 in the city.