Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-benz Slk-class - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:

Love Love Love It
By johonna

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

By the title of my review, you should already know I absolutely love this car. I bought mine used with almost 100K miles for a song and it looks brand new. As many posters state, it does get a lot of attention which wasn't exactly my intention but every time people comment or give those looks I just chuckle because its actually the least expensive car I ever bought and not sure why everyone doesn't have one :) It is in excellent condition and have absolutely no concerns with its reliability. Also, despite others complaints about the trunk, I was able to put a set of golf clubs, beach chair, small suitcase in the trunk with the top down!

Favorite Features

Hard Top Convertible Acceleration MB Roadside Assistance Size

Suggested Improvements

The coating/paint on the interior surfaces is a little dull and difficult to clean

My First Car
By trickypeng2

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is for people who are ready for a sportscar and the convenience of the convertible. Maybe for a graduation present, or newly weds, this car doesn't come cheap. If you want the looks, you WILL, I guarantee to you, will get the looks from curious and jealous people you pass in the streets. The car is pretty fast of a 0-60 time in about 5.4 seconds, which is nothing to complain about. If you want to get this car for the luxury name of Mercedes-Benz, this isn't the best model to consider. However, on the bright side of the car, you will thoroughly enjoy the great handling and sports-car like exhaust and ambiance that you will greatly receive from this SLK. Not made for long road trips!!

Favorite Features

I really liked the exhaust note of the V6, the soft-touch material on the dash and door, Hard-top 22 sec up and down convenience into the trunk area, and you can't forget the looks :). I know this may be a bit humble response, but I appreciate the displayed spedometer in the screen, very convenient if you don't want to decipher the dial. Mine doesn't come with the fancy navi or Harman/Kardon sound system, however, the regular stereo will NOT disappoint! The road noise is extremely quiet for a sports car and the sound of the V6 engine just comes through the interior giving a sporty feel. **I ran out of room in the improvements section**: The Hardtop roof rattles/vibrates over rough surfaces.

Suggested Improvements

My SLK has a problem with the climate control when I try to set the dial to my selected temperature, it takes a good 3-5 minutes to actually get to the temp., leaving me in a sweltering hot car or the frost-bit nose condition. Also, the middle center storage compartment is just crap. It is EXTREMELY hard to open and when you finally do you probably have gotten a hernia after the fact and a broken storage cover...not expected from a MB. A few other things they should improve (or may already have in the R172) are increasing the trunk size a bit more to fit a regular luggage and possibly make the ride less rough so I won't break my teeth over potholes, etc.

Nice car but not an S2000
By tye.s2k

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I own a HondaS2000 and refuse to trade that roadster for this one. I bought this 2005 with 11K but noticed the brakes aren't as smooth or crisp as my S2000. The driver side rear window doesn't raise perfectly and the rear tail light just went out. This v6 has tons of power but quite simply its a sports car, not a race car. The car is much to soft to reliably do the things I've done & can still do with my S2000 (105k). It is a nice car to cruise, and "look cute" in. So as long as you treat it like a delicate baby, I imagine the car will be fine. If you want 360 donuts, & drifting.. get an s2000! - trust me.

Favorite Features

Luxury features, nice highway drive, quite cockpit .. and of course, the looks you get when you are in it. ;)

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage. less body roll.

Road Trip
By Readie Eddie

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Road trip from eastern Minnesota through the Black Hills Area, South Dakota in early September 2009.It was hard to get everything in we wanted to take but the ride and performance were great. Approximately 1300 interstate miles and 500 mountain hairpin curves. Overall mileage was over 27 MPG. A great trip till I tried to clean off the grasshoppers. They just won’t wash off. Front grill and nose of the car is slowly getting better but I have never seen anything so hard to get clean.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable seats and holds the road better than my old Corvette did.

Suggested Improvements

Could use just a touch more space in trunk and interior of car.

SLK 350 2005
By hoss

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great/fun to drive ! Looked at alot of other cars ( as close to it's class as possible )! Make no mistake, you buy this car and you will love every time you get in it! Lot's of looks! Lots of other people look at you with total jealously, knowing their car is not worthy ! Enjoy !

Favorite Features

A Benz man ! You are There!

Suggested Improvements

Lower the price any time !