3 years of incredible fun & envy
By slik on
2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)
I bought the loaded 6-cyl model when it first came out in August 2000. My wife and I have driven it in all kinds of good and bad weather (just make sure to use HR-rated snow tires in the winter though), have experienced the incredible safety features (avoided hitting a deer with complete control the first trip out of town), and it still garners compliments from people of all age groups, who genuinely enjoy looking at the car! Excellent service, routine maintenace, solid coupe/convertible for two. Having owned several Bimmers, a Porsche, Acuras and others, the SLK is proving to be the best ever! Outstanding value.
Favorite Features
Power hardtop; traction control in slippery conditions; economy and response of the six-cylinder powerplant and beautifully mated 6-spd manu-auto); efficiency of design; utter quietness with hardtop up, and well managed wind noise at highway cruising speeds.
Suggested Improvements
The exhaust system could be a bit quieter - the sporty sound is too agressive for my wife as it alarms her during spirited driving!