2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG - Consumer Reviews

SLK32 AMG 3.2L V6 Supercharger 5-speed Automatic - (15 reviews )
A future classic
By James T on 08/19/08 10:12 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG SLK32 AMG 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

This is an exceptional car in every respect. In my opinion it's a future classic (only c.4,300made most in US) & has better looks than the latest SLK AMG's and it's rarer & faster. It's a pleasure to drive around town so much so that even my mum could drive it without knowing what it's capable of. It's a wolf in sheep's clothing and will decimate most challengers. When you want power it launches you as if you're strapped to a rocket and that power still keeps coming until your nerve or the road runs out.

Fun for awhile - but not a great value
By germancar on 12/29/04 17:50 PM (PST)

Car accelerates like crazy and is fun to drive. Great open air driving and nice exhaust sounds. Wish the car had a few more features or amenities. Not built for comfort or gadgets. Main problems - dealer would never completely fix brake squeak. Blinker light housing fell out of socket twice. Ride is cramped and visibility is marginal. Great engine offset by poor dealer service. On the one hand the car performs great - but don't you expect great service and some more features for 56K? One last thing - car handles very poorly in the rain, even below 60 mph. I had a CLK with Z-rated Michelins that performed better than these Continentals.

take it from me.........dont buy one
By Cyrix on 12/06/04 00:57 AM (PST)

If you dont like going to the dealer every 3rd day for fixing, dont buy one.

Versatility and Performance
By BadDancer21 on 12/04/04 13:43 PM (PST)

Excellent engine, quick transmission, nice ride for a sports car, perfect balance of sport and luxury

My Experience Owning My First Mercedes
By Jerry Switzer on 12/04/04 10:26 AM (PST)

I went to a dealership in Wilmington, and luckily they had the style and importantly the motor combination I wanted. They took my for a drive in this car. I test drove it to the max. I was totaly impressed.I have had 2 Corvettes in my life time and no comparison. The supercharged engine, the sheer response of power and handling. Far greater then any car I have every owned.The immediate acceleration from a dead stop is beyond belief. The selling point is driving one. You're hooked. They went to great effort to get the color and options I wanted. My experience is, this is the best sports car I have ever owned. It's just fun, every time you get behind the wheel

great car
By pr70 on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

very fast, i had a porsche boxster and there is no match, i like the way the boxster handle the corners, but this car is as good but with a lot more power, if you are a tall person this car is not for you, i believe 6' and under, i don't like that the cd player is in the trunk and there is a casette player in the front, i don't believe that too many people use them anymore, if you run over a hole the cd player will skip. great car.

LIVING ON YOUR LAURELS
By EDWARD SCIARRILLO on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

THE VEHICLE HAS A TREMENDOUS ABILITY TO MAKE DRIVING FUN,AS IF YOU JUST GOT YOUR LIC., HOWEVER THE CAR NEEDS IMPROVEMENT IN QUALITY CONTROL,DELIVERED WITH THE SIGNAL LIGHT ON THE LEFT FRONT NOT SECURED AND DAMAGE TO THE INSIDE DASH ,THIS IS UN ACCEPTABLE FOR A $65,000 VEHICLE

SLK32 Gives Driving Thrills!
By Slick32 on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I'm a previous MB owner,but this is my first AMG MB....WOW! It screams to be driven....and it is unbelievably fast! I decided to get involved in the local MB club autocross events. This allows the 32 to be driven more agressively, and gives a chance to enjoy the power and handling! The car handles beauti- fully on the course! It is competing nicely with more expensive Porsche models! The fit, finish, ease of operating the top, etc is all excellent....Don't compare the 230 or 320; they are nice, but very different cars....the 32 is a serious driving machine. If you drive it, you'll want it...The styling with tasteful AMG touches is beautiful..Cheers!

the best
By ammar altawel on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

i like it and its the best

Nice sports car
By Uwe on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

I had my AMG for one year now. I still like it as much as I did on the first day. Very fast car (burns a lot of gas of course). Comfortable. Excellent handling. Super retracktable hardtop feature. Stereo OKish, could be improved. Got the 5 CD changer as extra, highly recommended. Missing only a navigation system (is that extra?!). Looking forward to the 8 cyl. 2005 model. ESP is OK, but most of the times off in my car. Small trunk, but this is not supposed to be a SUV, right?